Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 164  
Prev  |  Next
510dogmom

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/18 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New question: 2012 23A Majestic. It appears the fridge is not turning off. It's cold all the time. I live in California, so it is colder than the ambient temperature around it. I've tried turning it off using the renters manual that came with the rig, but it is still on. Now what?

craz z

Montana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/31/18 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

60-65 in the front is about right after that the front end does feel abit icy not enough weight on the front to justify going up over that the rear is a different story.

Rears are around 70-75 up to 80 depending on load.

Load E tires go to 80psi max. which is what all of the 23a's should be. IF you don't have the borg tire valves I highly recommend buying them on the next tire change.

path1

Varies with weather

View Profile

Posted: 01/31/18 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

510dogmom wrote:

New question: 2012 23A Majestic. It appears the fridge is not turning off. It's cold all the time. I live in California, so it is colder than the ambient temperature around it. I've tried turning it off using the renters manual that came with the rig, but it is still on. Now what?

Renters manuals... like most general manuals that don't go into detail enough or they end with "see your dealer" which don't help much.

What I would do to get a better and more responses is from Tech section of the forum, not this rental thread ... find the make and model number and post the problem in the tech section of this forum. My off hand guess is the "thing" that controls the temp. Thermister or something like that might just need adjusting.

justinhscott

Cape Cod

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/02/18 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anybody add any sound dampening material to their rig? I have an '06 CA 28a class C. The cab is a basic, spartan cargo van. It's fine, and noisy on the highway. Any thoughts on cutting down the road noise?

FunTwoDrv

NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/02/18 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The most I’ve seen is to add insulation under the floor mats as well as the inside of the “doghouse”.

Gary

STEVE-OTR

Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 02/21/18 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Fellow Former Rental Owners!!

Quick question on 2012 Thor Majestic 28A's:
I know that the solar panel is for trickle charging the house battery and that it is rated at 2 watts. I think mine is going bad because
it seems to have a crack in it and the house battery was almost dead the last time I had it in the RV (I removed it and took it home to keep it charged). Will it be okay to replace this solar panel with a 10 watt one? I want my house battery to charge a bit faster. Also does anyone know where the solar charge controller is located? I'm thinking it's somewhere behind the microwave (because when I follow the entry point of the cable on the roof) that's where is seems to go down through. I'm guessing I would have to pull out the microwave to access it. Would love to hear any thoughts. Thanks.

2012 Majestic 28A
Ford E-450 V-10

radiojeffrv

South Amboy

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/22/18 09:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Steve-OTR let me know what you discover. I also own a 2012 28A and would love to add 100W of solar.

jonthebru

Maui

View Profile

Posted: 02/26/18 02:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the folks discussing solar. Replacing a tiny panel with another small panel is not the best route. Adding a decent amount of solar charging potential is quite easy. There are many Youtube videos that provide good technique and tips. These aren't much different than any other Class C RV. First thing is to make the roof nice, all patched up and clean then attach the panels (maybe a 100 watt panel, or 2- 100 watt panels or a 160 watt panel. Buy from a reputable name, there are several.) Run the wiring to a controller then to the battery(ies). It's a good time to add a second battery. Along the way remove the little trickle charger panel. This is a quick video done by RVerTV, it shows a rudimentary solar install. I would try to put the wires down a vent instead of straight through the roof. He had his reasons for doing that of course so you can figure out how you want to run the wiring for your rig. https://youtu.be/p5BmUA5Dnjc
There are many videos like this one to help figure it out.

* This post was edited 02/26/18 02:24am by jonthebru *

Tuckerinn

Victoria, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/18 09:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Recenntly purchased a Majestic 19g from Cruise Canada. Looking for an all season cover to fit it. Does anyone found a cover that fits these properly?

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/18 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tuckerinn,first welcome to the forum and the Former Rental Owners Club you will be #96 on the list.[image]

There are others here that have the 19g and maybe they will chime in later,I have had no experience with a cover but the ADCO Covers seem to get high marks and they do have custom ones. I found their customer service was very good when I called about a windshield cover for my RV,you might give them a call.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 164  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.