Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 160  
Prev  |  Next
Tequila

Canada - Summer, Mexico - Winter

View Profile

Posted: 07/26/18 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sachilles wrote:

Two weeks in. My only real "issue", is a minor one, the green light indicates that the battery is solar charging does not seem to work. I took out the tamper proof allen screws from the panel, and replaced with standard philips head screws. I found the panel is producing power and gets to the led, but the led doesn't illuminate. Almost looks like someone tried to re-solder the led to the mini circuit board it's on. I don't need the light, but wonder if they sell a replacement board and LED. I swear I read somebody has had the problem recently.

I have not see the lED light up on mine either. I havent been up there, but i am guessing its a small panel on the A?C which is probably only good for trickle charging. I plan to put at least 100 Watts up there.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/18 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31,welcome to the Forum and the Former Rental Owners Club,you will be #101 on the list [image] There is a nice picture of it in your Profile

Thanks for the list of improvements that you made,this may help others.

I hope your camping season will go well and those improvements work out for the best!

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/26/18 06:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tequila,I almost forgot to add you to the list of Former Rental Owners [emoticon]
I will put you in right now, you will be #102!!

Welcome aboard and I hope that it will work out for you down in Mexico,let us know how it all shakes out.

Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/18 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replacing my AC unit on my Majestic 28A RV. Ordered Dometic # 3314850.000 13.500 BTU Brisk Air II. Install was easy, found out new ac needs special controller to work and also my old Dometic thermostat will not work with new AC also .
AC # 3314850.000
Controler # 312020.000 $122.88
THermostat # 3314082.011 $ 82.00

cencerrita

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/18 09:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tequila wrote:

sachilles wrote:

Two weeks in. My only real "issue", is a minor one, the green light indicates that the battery is solar charging does not seem to work. I took out the tamper proof allen screws from the panel, and replaced with standard philips head screws. I found the panel is producing power and gets to the led, but the led doesn't illuminate. Almost looks like someone tried to re-solder the led to the mini circuit board it's on. I don't need the light, but wonder if they sell a replacement board and LED. I swear I read somebody has had the problem recently.

I have not seen the lED light up on mine either. I havent been up there, but i am guessing its a small panel on the A?C which is probably only good for trickle charging. I plan to put at least 100 Watts up there.

I took the information off the panel a couple of years ago but the manufacture never answered me. Failure of the unit seems to be a common problem. Ended up fitting a new small unit above the panel to control the roof solar panel and wired into the existing sytem having completly removed the exisiting neon unit with charge contol.

www.cencerrita.comNow living in Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK. Seeour web site for US travels www.cencerrita.com

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/18 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic31 wrote:

Replacing my AC unit on my Majestic 28A RV. Ordered Dometic # 3314850.000 13.500 BTU Brisk Air II. Install was easy, found out new ac needs special controller to work and also my old Dometic thermostat will not work with new AC also .
AC # 3314850.000
Controler # 312020.000 $122.88
THermostat # 3314082.011 $ 82.00

Did this A/C fail so soon after purchase? Or was it an upgrade you wanted to make?

Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/18 12:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AC failed last week , AC repair service (a friend of mine) checked it Blower motor shot, compressor not much better.It would cost more to fix it than replace it.

CaptR

Kanab, Utah

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/18 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My story, starting a construction project out of state, rented a car, stop to take a look at another business opportunity and Bullhead city Arizona and found an ad for an RV that seemed way underpriced. I responded to the ad and found out that they put the wrong picture of a wrong coach. I went to look at it anyway on a Wednesday morning and by that Wednesday afternoon I returned the rental car one way and was out the door with it for a 400 mi journey to Utah. This was fairly new to their lot and they hadn’t prepped it yet so I was taking a huge gamble- I negotiated fairly good deal (Magestic 28’, 2000, 101,000 mi, prior owner bought it in ‘06 and put 6,000mi on it. Needless to say it sat a lot must have been inside because it’s in good shape. Heater motor/fan was frozen, got it working, roof leaked and there is a soft spot by the rear air vent- I put two coats of white roof paint and now leak free, grey water plumbing was loose and separated in one spot- fixed that, the uppassenger side drain black water valve was frozen (not good for connecting sewer hose) got it kind of working, the refrigerator was replaced with 110 only so when not plugged in and don’t want to run the gen all the time, use a cooler, cruise control not operative- trying to figure that one out, I think the over drive over heats (especially in hot weather) and shuts off for a few minutes I think to kool and then works again- on a 100 deg day, that happens about every 10 mins- other than that, it and the transmission runs great. Engine runs great other than hard to get gas to it at cold start up- the C forum diagnosed that a few weeks ago when I first got it- thank you!, gen and everything else runs great. The dealer replaced the house battery and I noticed it has room for two but no electrical for a second batt... do these typically have one or two back there? Rear tires have valve extensions and a couple of the rears seem to have a hard time holding air. And thank you to who posted about the 100,000 mike timing belt heads up... as no papers came with this coach, I have no idea what’s been done... I’ll put that on the list at next service.

Very best, CaptR

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/18 03:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CaptR welcome to the forum and the Former Rental Owners Club,I will put you on the list,you will be #103 [image]

It sounds like you are handy and can fix what is needed. As for the batteries, all the Majestic that I know of come with only one battery,if there is room for 2 I would suggest getting 2 6 Volt Golf Cart batteries, that is what most people have. They can be wired in series with no extra wiring except for a jumper between the batteries,they will give you more amp hours.
Good ones can be bought at Costco.

Get rid of the valve extensions,they will always leak,get solid valve stems,A few companies make them,they are worth the money and you will not have anymore leakage,they are easier to use to fill and check your tires.

Also I don't know if you saw it or you have a ladder in the rear,most Majestics don't, here is a Link to one.

Congrats on your rig and keep us informed on how it is going.

Majestic31

Pa.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/21/18 05:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Majestic 28a What are the loose wires coming out of behind rear bumper for,

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 160  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Buying a Former Rental Class C. How many of us out there?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.