Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: NW Gathering, June 5-7, 2015, Richland WA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> NW Gathering, June 5-7, 2015, Richland WA

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 53  
Prev  |  Next
rvlady

Sublimity, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 11:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the invite Tom. We came off Evac Level 2 yesterday to Level 1--fire being held near Lyons. We just had hot spots showing 5 miles between us and Lyons and now are all out--hope that holds. we ae taking the trailer back to storage today. Still have terrible air pollution--near 500.

Linda and husband Dave (retired US Army) W7DDW
Magic, Yellow Lab Female, born 18 July 2010. R.I.P., Jake!
2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i Generator
2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab, 4x4, SRW, HO CTD, 3.73, 48RE, Jake Brake

Tradewinds

Northwest Washington

View Profile

Posted: 09/13/20 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These fires have been terrible, my granddaughter who just turned 20 three weeks ago has been on the fire line in Eastern Washington for almost three weeks. Had two years into her nursing degree when she decided to be a fireman, EMT, Paramedic..Very Proud of her. We have sold the big house here so we no longer have a spot for a visiting RV or we would be open to visitors. We do have a full 50A, W, S, connection at our place in Yuma for visitors. Just call first to make sure we do not have anyone on it....Sorry to hear you sold the RV Tom, I know how much you two enjoyed it.

Bob
National Tradewinds with Nissan 4x4 Ext Cab/Honda CRV Toad
It's the Journey not the Destination
RVing since 1970

kd7cxg-2

Pacific NW

View Profile

Posted: 09/14/20 05:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob, getting rid of the was a hrd thing to do, but old age finally caught up with me. I will be 84 Nov 5th, thought I would be able to go until I was 85 or maybe 90 but it just didn't happen. Our only trip with the MH in 2018 was to Joseph up in N E Oregon. Decided after we got back from there that we were going to sell it.

Our oldest granddaughter got her LPN certificate two years ago, then decided to take some time off and have a baby, we now have the cutest little great granddaughter you ever saw. She was a year old the first of Sept.

If you ever get in the McMinnville area stop by.

Tom and Pat

2013 Itasca Sunstar 27N
Toad: 2010 Toyota Corolla
Good Sam Lifetime Member

W7SFO

Spanaway WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

Ryan,
Spanaway WA.
2001 Sunnybrook
See me on Facebook!
Enjoying camping every chance I get.
Enjoy meeting other folks in the area to camp with.

kbehrent

Puget Sound, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/14/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn't expect to see this thread to come back to life! Our family is doing well so far. I've always worked from home so no change for me. Wife started working from home a couple months ago so we had to adjust to that since we both are all conference calls most of the day!
We don't go camping much but still do the annual trip to AirVenture at Oshkosh, WI. Although both our boys are in their 20's, they still go with us, along with our oldest's financee, but it was cancelled this year. Hope everyone stays healthy.

Kevin

Kevin & Angela Behrent
2 grown kids (Dylan, Max), Dog (Roxy)
2005 39' Newmar Kountry Star DP (KSDP3907) - Triple slide
2003 Honda CRV - Toad
FMCA #: 355250

jahrens

Fulltimers

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! This thread never dies!

We’re in Sultan WA now, on a horse ranch that stretches to the Skykomish River. We’re heading south on the 28th. Arriving in Clarkdale AZ on October 4th for a month, then Picacho AZ for two months.

After the first of the year we’re moving on to Texas for a while. A couple weeks in Livingston, a couple weeks in Corpus Christie, then stopping in Austin on the way back.

This is all possible because I quit my job in July and went into freelance software engineering.

It’s good to hear from everyone again. We traded in our Jeep for an Explorer a few years ago. Miss the Jeep once in a while, although we weren’t going off-road enough to make it worth keeping. Bob, you still exploring the back side of the dessert?

John & Nikki Ahrens

Tradewinds

Northwest Washington

View Profile

Posted: 09/15/20 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John and Nikki, we are still exploring the desert. The green jeep we had when you went with us has passed on, I rolled it three times while out on a hill. Sue took a beating in it but my injury extent was a cut on my arm. We both were basically ok although pretty bruised up. An hour later we drove it out of the desert. Insurance totaled it, I rebuilt it and then sold it and now have one that is much more aggressive. It is a tad bit harder to get Sue out on any run that includes off camber, ridges or dicey hills. We are on the same spot in Yuma but have added on greatly to the place. The Tradewinds is gone after 167 thousand miles and we have replaced it with a gas rig with three slide outs. Still traveling and having fun. Please stop by if you get the chance.....

Ron Butler

Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. or points between.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bob - why am I not surprised that you rolled it!! Shall we start an online pool to see how long it takes you to roll the new "more agressive (as if you needed that out on the desert!!) one? LOL!!

[b]Ron & Carolyn Tucker - Wire Hair Fox Terrier Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. [b][COLOR=#000066]GO HUSKIES[/COLOR][/b] [url=http://picasaweb.google.com/RonButler6][b]Our Trip Pictures[/b][/url] [url=http://goodsamclub.mytripjournal.com/ronandcarolynstravels][b]Ron & Carolyns Travels[/b] [/url]

Note: Due to invalid formatting, all formatting has been ignored.

Ron Butler

Federal Way WA./Sun City AZ. or points between.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/15/20 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

John & Nikki - we will be going back to Sun City sometime next week or the following week. We would love to have you come over for dinner some late afternoon so give us a call.

Bigdog

silverdale wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/16/20 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey y'all.... Bob told me that there was some action on here again, so I thot that I'd check it out. We sold our house on Chico in Silverdale almost two years ago and moved almost straight across into a mid century modern house on a hill above Kitsap Lake in Bremerton. We've been looking for over two years and saw this listing on thursday nite, drove by it friday noon, called our realtor and saw it that afternoon and made a verbal offer on it and then followed up on it an hour later. We had to wait till 2 pm on sunday till after an open house and somehow they took our offer right aay. Sold Jeanne's house a month later in one day as the first person thru it made a decent offer and we weren't in the mood for a bidding war.
The motorhome has a brand new rebuilt Cat in it,$24K, as well as a completely gone over Generac and a power dist board and I'm getting it ready to put on the market. Not sure whether to sell it and the toad as a unit or seperately. Liberty is an '11 with 90k miles and the MH is an '01 with 120K miles.
Still want to do a bit of RVing and since I bought an Explorer that only has a 5K tow rate, we're looking at going back to an upscale tent trailer.
Fun thing, several years ago, I got to fly on the B-17, Aluminum Overcast, a couple of times and last year, I flew on the B-24, Witchcraft and the B-17, 909, on the same day out of Bremerton. Of course the 909 is no longer with us and Jeanne has said no more old aircraft and I still want to fly on the B-25.
Good to see that there's still a bunch of us old fogies still around.

GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 53  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

> NW Gathering, June 5-7, 2015, Richland WA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Rallies, Shows and Gatherings

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.