Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: DSI fault light on panel - Hot Water
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> DSI fault light on panel - Hot Water

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
drcarr57

Verona, IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/13 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with Doug. My water heater did the same thing. After letting it cool down, the water heater started again. It is best to change the tsat and eoc, before the eoc fails too and your water heater really overheats. The EOC and TSTAT come as a package for between 10-14$.

RetiredRLM

pcguilford

Clarksville

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/18 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just had the same issue with DSI FLT light on my 09 Jayco Eagle 345 BHS. While troubleshooting, I found the igniter harness had come loose from the igniter (on my heater it is orange harness RH lower side that connects to gold blower that heats the tank). Upon reconnecting the DSI FLT light went out and I was able to get hot water on electric and LP. My initial fault was that there was no hot water when running off electric only. I then tried the LP side and the flame would light for about 3 seconds then go out. I was informed by Camping World Service that the DSI FLT will shut down the relay panel that controls the water heater not allowing either side (electric or LP) to work - additional safety.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THe other thing that will light the Fault Light is overheat. I'm not sure how hot but there are Two Thermostats on an Atwood one is the "T-Stat" and the other is the "ECO" (emergency cut out)

A bad connection on the ECO leads, or the gas solenoid, or temps over something like 180 or 190 degrees will trip the Fault light... Same as a no-flame.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

PFGuil49

Baton Rouge, LA

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/18 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree with Doug also. My water heater did the same thing as topher80 and drcarr57 on my 2005 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. While operating on just electric, the water would get scalding hot and trip the DSI light which pointed me to a bad TSTAT. I replaced both the TSTAT and EOC because you can buy them together in one package for $10 to $14 dollars. Everything’s working as it should again.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

> DSI fault light on panel - Hot Water
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS