cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Minnie Winnie Towables

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sooo....Winnebago is now manufacturing travel trailers and I believe that the 2014 models will be their second year of production. We're getting ready to take a serious look at a Minnie Winnie 2201DS unit. If you have had a chance to look at any of the Minnie Winnie trailers, can you share your observations and thoughts???? I've been around trailers for quite a few years, so I know quite a bit about what to look for, but a little help is always appreciated. From what I've seen of pics and videos, I really like the floorplan, specs, etc. but hope that the quality control is at least a little bit above average.

Thanks so much for anything you can contribute!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption
36 REPLIES 36

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
johndigbydog wrote:
Please let me know how you got the tv sound to go thru the speakers! johndigbydog2@verizon.net I have a 2013 Minnie 2101FBS in yellow- LOVE IT !!!!

I first contacted our dealer about the TV audio but they didn't have a clue. I then contacted the representative for Jensen and here was their response: Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics Technical Service department. If you have verified that the RCA cables are good between the red and white audio input on the TV and the red and white audio input on the back of the AWM968 (stereo), try the following steps. First go into the TV Audio Menu and turn the TV speakers to Off. Then go into the Setup Menu and change the Audio Output setting to Fixed. On the AWM968, make sure it is set to AUX 1 position. With the TV in this configuration, you will need to adjust the volume on the AWM968.
This all worked as he said and the TV audio is far better now.

Also see the 3 photos above.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

johndigbydog
Explorer
Explorer
Please let me know how you got the tv sound to go thru the speakers! johndigbydog2@verizon.net I have a 2013 Minnie 2101FBS in yellow- LOVE IT !!!!

johndigbydog
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
I saw a mistake I made in calling it a a 2102DS and corrected it. We added a 3" memory foam mattress on top of the queen mattress. Wow, that sure made a difference. Ultra comfortable. With that in place we don't use the couch at the end of the bed. Thanks very much for the reply.
If anyone is interested I can tell you how to make the Jensen TV audio go through the Jensen stereo for much improved the sound. I have made several more improvements and will be glad to share.

bowebow
Explorer
Explorer
we have a 2014 tt with jenson tv and dvd stereo. similar model.
turned tv speakers off as shown.
left audio out as variable.
yellow video cable end to dvd out/ tv in.
red /white cable end to dvd are labeled in /tv (not close to yellow,) found red /white audio out . works for tv audio out. dvd video in.
aux1 dvd setting.
adjust volume on both then to find comfort setting.
our tv red /white was pluged into audio in and didn't do anything.
tv now works thru built in stereo speakers on tv setting
2007gmc duramax 2500hd
2014 V CROSS 30VSK

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
likesadvice, I must have not gotten a notification that you posted a question. Well, I'm only a month late but I will try to answer it. Here are a couple of photos showing how the TV menu is setup.

My guess is that you have the Stereo set on the wrong speakers. It should be set on "A" and not "B". The B speakers are the outside ones.

The volume control knob on the stereo only goes up to 39 and that is LOUD in the trailer.
Let me know what you find out.

likesadvice
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65, I followed your directions for hooking up the TV audio. Thank you. Only problem is the audio is very low. I turn up the volume on the stereo and its either nothing or very low. The volume doesn't seem to change. Its either on, or off. Any ideas?

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Mesposito wrote:
Thanks for the info and pics. I have been wanting to make a hose so I can connect my Weber grill to the camper propane supply. I just need to put myself together a parts list...

Here are the two items I ordered from Amazon: Camco 57282 hose with quick disconnects and a Camco 59903 male quick disconnect to be used on the grill. As you can see in the photo the grill has an external regulator. The Minnie propane outlet is regulated low pressure, I think about 15 lbs, so to use it the propane must be supplied after the regulator that the grill used. I bought the other brass fittings at a local hardware store. Oh yes, I bought this grill because it has an external removable regulator. Does a great job cooking steaks.

Mesposito
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info and pics. I have been wanting to make a hose so I can connect my Weber grill to the camper propane supply. I just need to put myself together a parts list...

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I needed a place to store the WDH spring bars while camping, also the sway control so I put them here instead of in the front pass through storage. It is much easier to pick up the heavy spring bars from this location. One of the best things that I bought from Amazon is the electric Jack Quick.

I built a pair of wheel chocks out of 2x4 and all thread.

I bought a hose and fittings so that we could hook up our Nexgrill to the camper regulated propane supply.

Here is where I store our fishing rods. I used some small sections of PVC pipe that I had lying around.

Finally, here is how we hang our bikes with a Swagman 2 bike rack.

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Mesposito wrote:
Bigbird65 wrote:

If anyone is interested I can tell you how to make the Jensen TV audio go through the Jensen stereo for much improved the sound. I have made several more improvements and will be glad to share.

Bigbird65,

We also own a Winnie. Have only used it 3 times. I would like to hear about the improvements you have made to the TV audio and any any others ...Thanks

I first contacted our dealer about the TV audio but they didn't have a clue. I then contacted the representative for Jensen and here was their response: Thank you for contacting ASA Electronics Technical Service department. If you have verified that the RCA cables are good between the red and white audio input on the TV and the red and white audio input on the back of the AWM968, try the following steps. First go into the TV Audio Menu and turn the TV speakers to Off. Then go into the Setup Menu and change the Audio Output setting to Fixed. On the AWM968, make sure it is set to AUX 1 position. With the TV in this configuration, you will need to adjust the volume on the AWM968.
This all worked a he said and the TV audio is far better now.
I'll post more improvements later today after I take a few photos.

Mesposito
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:

Bigbird65,

We also own a Winnie. Have only used it 3 times. I would like to hear about the improvements you have made to the TV audio and any any others ...Thanks

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
** Deleted **

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a mistake I made in calling it a a 2102DS and corrected it. We added a 3" memory foam mattress on top of the queen mattress. Wow, that sure made a difference. Ultra comfortable. With that in place we don't use the couch at the end of the bed. Thanks very much for the reply.

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bigbird65 wrote:
Snip... Can anyone tell me the difference between a 2102DS and a 2101FBS?
snip...

The DS has a flip up sofa and fold down queen bed in the front.

The FBS has a permanent queen bed in the front and no sofa there.
Otherwise the two trailers are identical as far as I know.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine