Explorer
I have a front and back tv what kind of switch box do I need
to control the front and back tv
5 REPLIES 5

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Lastfrontier,

What a surprise to see this reply to my 4 year old post. I still have the MH and will do what I can to help. This being Fathers Day I have plans so It will mostly have to wait a day or so.

I looked at the distribution box and without removing it the only marking on it that I could see is "Winegard Entertainment Select". There are about 7 coax cables going to it and a 12v supply.

The antenna has a amplifier built into it which is powered by the distribution box. If you have the same antenna as mine, you probably need the power for the amplifier to get a signal.

I'll get back to you.

Oh yes, the box is in the right side of the cabinet over the dinette.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

lastfrontier
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
My 2005 Four Winds has a TV/DVD etc. distribution box in the cabinet over the dinette. Coax cables to all devices and antenna terminate there. It also supplies voltage for the antenna booster. If you have the cables there but no distribution box you would need a coaxial switch. If your antenna requires voltage for a booster you would need more than a simple switch.

tenbear, I have a 2005 Dutchmen Express 28A as well, which I bought 2 years ago. Where would the distribution box be? I have 4 coax cables coming up from the bottom of my cabinet over the dinette, but noting connected to them. I haven't been able to get a signal into my TV from any of them, either from the antenna or the outside coax hookup. Wondering if I'm missing a piece of hardwear. Can you give me any insight into what the distribution box should be (brand/model or a pic would be awesome).

Thanks!

wgander
Explorer
Explorer
My 2000 Four Winds doesn't have a control box, just a Wineguard antenna box with amplifier. The TV antenna was connected to it. There was another connection for cable TV and connections for front and rear TVs. Only use the amplifier with the antenna, not when connected to cable. The TVs are controlled by their individual setup menu. First select antenna or cable, then select autosearch and add stations on each TV.
2000 Four Winds Five Thousand 28A (1999 Chevy 3500), Master Tow Dolly, 2012 Scion xB TOAD

Go_Dawgs1
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 03 Chateau and don't have a box on either the front or back TV. When I hook up to cable at a campground I program each TV to cable and go from there. I would think that if you have a dish you would need a box.
2004 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4 Dually
2017 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
My 2005 Four Winds has a TV/DVD etc. distribution box in the cabinet over the dinette. Coax cables to all devices and antenna terminate there. It also supplies voltage for the antenna booster. If you have the cables there but no distribution box you would need a coaxial switch. If your antenna requires voltage for a booster you would need more than a simple switch.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory