cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

third passenger bed for Popular 210 (2010)

odoski
Explorer
Explorer
Re: Popular 210 (2010) Roadtrek
Has anyone tried the "bed" that fits on the front passenger seat and the rear passenger seat to make a bed for a third passenger? We are looking into purchasing one but they are super expensive! Just wondered if anyone has one and if you like it. Is it heavy?? Where do you store it when you are on the road?
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

PeteCo
Explorer
Explorer
I am still wayne_tw wrote:
My problem with it is storing the apparatus required to make that bed in a vehicle with already very limited storage capacity.

Check my link to the pvc bed setup I mentioned earlier. The pvc parts are not glued together but they friction fit tightly together. I store the parts in the left side compartment between the rear sofa and the wheel well. They fit in that small compartment nicely along with a few other small items.
Gspeed

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
My problem with it is storing the apparatus required to make that bed in a vehicle with already very limited storage capacity.

WRBARTZ
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2007 Roadtrek 210 P and have used the third seat bed since purchase new. Our daughter, about 5' is the one that uses it. We store the mattres on the street side twin bed made up from the motorized couch. Has worked for us. If we want to relax on the twin bed we place the mattres between the two front seats.

PeteCo
Explorer
Explorer
I built a PVC pipe frame that uses the 3rd seat back with the driver and 3rd seat bottom to create a mattress. I made it for my 5'-10" son to sleep on. He has not tried it yet. I have laid on it and I think it would work. Take a look and see what you think.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/roadtrek/conversations/topics/81026

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/roadtrek/photos/albums/1158047397/lightbox/

Pete
2006 Roadtrek 210P
Gspeed

suz155
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen one, on an older Roadtrek. It was very short and narrow. I would say more for a child or a small adult. I've seen pictures on here, but, you may have to dig for them, it's been a while.
2002 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DST
Collecting memories, not things.