cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your truck today?

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
I love cruising through the "what did you do to your camper today" thread, I figured I'd add a "what did you do to your truck today".

I'm sure that many of you are like me....and your truck that you use to haul your camper gets a lot of special attention to make sure it's in tip-top shape for your adventures.

I'll start out.....

Today I mounted 2 PIAA 520 Fog lights and 2 PIAA Driving lights to my winch bumper, and aimed them.

This evening, I received a box containing torklift stableload bumpstops. Those will have to wait for another day....we've got a blizzard going on here.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150
482 REPLIES 482

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
My factory tires on my 2019 Chevy were needing replaced so I upgraded to 245/70/19.5 tires, I also got the bulkhead installed to protect the aux diesel tank I installed not to long ago.

todsme
Explorer
Explorer
Repaired Rancho 9000XL in cab adjustable air line leaks. 2 air selenoids, new Viair compressor. For Air bags and shock settings.
Rver

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
Changed out a flat on an inner dual:

Great job. I donโ€™t know if I could do that although I do carry the jack etc to do it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Bedlam
Changed out a flat on an inner dual:

To free the inside rim took a little more persuasion but no hammers were involved.

So some blocks of wood that are normally used for leveling, a couple of spare ratchet straps, 12-ton bottle jack, electric impact wrench with 22mm socket, torque wrench with extension, claw hammer to remove hub cap and some time was required to get this 9-ton truck rolling again.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Finished the aux bed tank install, got three more holes through the cab floor with water tight connectors, one for the 14/2 to the fuel pump and two extra for 10 gauge so cord for 120 volt 30 amp in and out for the 2800 watt inverter. Wired the pump timer to the pump and to the low voltage fuse panel in the cab, twist the timer for 30 minutes and it will transfer about 15 gallons and shut off.

specta
Explorer
Explorer

I drove it down to the museum to pick up my mail.
Hopefully the 410 goes in next week.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
GMC was GMC and Chevrolet was Chevrolet until 1973.
That was the year that they became one.
Kenny

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
TxGearhead wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
notsobigjoe wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Technically, it's still a Chevy! :B

Funny you should say that. I thought it WAS a Chevy when we bought it.
Someone had changed all the badges and trim to Chevy.
And I was so involved with looking at the truck itself, didnโ€™t even give the title a second glance.
First clue was when I removed the tailgate trim panel ,also replaced with a Chevy one, and the original appearing tailgate had GMC stamped in it.
Further inspection showed the glove box tag with โ€œSierraโ€ package.
And the grill is the aftermarket one you see in the pic, so that was no clue either. I re-used it and just fitted a GMC logo to it.

That's a good looking truck. I had a semi-rare 1982? Chevy K20 Suburban. Loaded with what appeared to be all available options, even quad shocks on the front axle. I drove to work and on hunting trips. Had a couple local boys put a cheap but decent paint job on it. My son was in the 11th grade and wanted it bad. I "sold" it to him. Of course, he put a lift kit and Buckshot Monster Mudders on it. Of course he took the 3rd row back seat out. And of course, the Turbo Hydramatic 400 had to be rebuilt. When he went off to college I traded him back a 1991? Chevy Sport Truck, which was a SS454 clone. Wish I had them both back.

The Cheyenne and Silverado are the exact same truck with different trim. They're both Chevy's but it's a good example of parts switching and marketing nonsense... The Silverado was a top of the line truck but the Cheyenne was a more basic truck. I know that all parts don't match but I've been replacing parts on these two trucks for decades and I've never had a mismatch between the part numbers for both. I believe this is "somewhat" true between the Chevy and GMC lines as well. Also with Cadillac and GMC.

This is an interesting short article about the basic differences between the GMC and Chevy truck line. There is a wealth of information concerning parts exchanging between the two on many forums. Just adding to the conversation.... It looks great!!!

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/gmc-chevy-connections

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
notsobigjoe wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Technically, it's still a Chevy! :B

Funny you should say that. I thought it WAS a Chevy when we bought it.
Someone had changed all the badges and trim to Chevy.
And I was so involved with looking at the truck itself, didnโ€™t even give the title a second glance.
First clue was when I removed the tailgate trim panel ,also replaced with a Chevy one, and the original appearing tailgate had GMC stamped in it.
Further inspection showed the glove box tag with โ€œSierraโ€ package.
And the grill is the aftermarket one you see in the pic, so that was no clue either. I re-used it and just fitted a GMC logo to it.

That's a good looking truck. I had a semi-rare 1982? Chevy K20 Suburban. Loaded with what appeared to be all available options, even quad shocks on the front axle. I drove to work and on hunting trips. Had a couple local boys put a cheap but decent paint job on it. My son was in the 11th grade and wanted it bad. I "sold" it to him. Of course, he put a lift kit and Buckshot Monster Mudders on it. Of course he took the 3rd row back seat out. And of course, the Turbo Hydramatic 400 had to be rebuilt. When he went off to college I traded him back a 1991? Chevy Sport Truck, which was a SS454 clone. Wish I had them both back.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

specta
Explorer
Explorer
o
PastorCharlie wrote:
Last this forum needs is to be like fakebook.

It would be nice to like a comment or picture without having to type one out.

To each their own.
Kenny

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Last this forum needs is to be like fakebook.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
We need a like button. ๐Ÿ™‚
Kenny

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Mounted her on the truck yesterday for the season . Removed steps to reseal and urethane the exposed underside of floor at door . Replaced broken handles on kitchen faucet . Found small leak at faucet valve so replaced the O rings, all better . Checked all systems , water , propane , fridge and electric , all good to go . Next is a little interior cleaning , exterior wash , then pack . Heading to friends for the 4th in the Adirondacks for a week
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Cut the handle off my portable genet so it would fit into side tool box. I can leave the door open and run it in there. Great for road side stops.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride