cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

!2 volt Electrical issue. Please help

needgas__
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, Not sure if I have a big problem or I am overlooking something. Here is the problem. When running on 12VDC power (Battery or TV power) my 12VDC system does not run. Water pump, slide motor, nothing. Battery is completely charged and has good capacity. When plugged into 120V, everything works. This tells me the converter is supplying 12VDC. There is a junction block on hitch frame about 2ft from the battery. This is the connection where converter and battery come together. Is this a Diode or just a junction? It is a little corroded and I will be working on cleaning this while waiting on responses. Has anyone seen this issue? Thanks for your help.

Bob
Me & Her
3 of them
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crewcab/hemi/4.10
Reese Dual Cam HP
2004 Puma 30DBSS
10 REPLIES 10

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for letting us all know, you left us hanging the last 4 years. LOL

needgas__
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for not responding. Yes this solved the problem.
Me & Her
3 of them
Reese Dual Cam HP
2004 Puma 30DBSS

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Did the replacement fix the power issue?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

needgas__
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks All!!!! Have the replacement and spare in hand. Local auto parts store had many types in stock.

Bob
Me & Her
3 of them
Reese Dual Cam HP
2004 Puma 30DBSS

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
They look like this, and are available at most autoparts stores. They come in various amperages. The one you describe, is probably 30 to 40 amps.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)

shooted
Explorer
Explorer
Correct. That is an auto reset type. Could be as simple as the corrosion causing a continuity issue, or the c.b. could also be malfunctioning. These are very inexpensive to replace and many auto parts locations should have them.
Edit: The first picture finally showed what visually appears to be a broken auto reset circuit breaker.

needgas__
Explorer
Explorer

The two post junction in question has the two red a one black lead going to it. Is this a breaker? Are they available at most parts houses?

Bob
Me & Her
3 of them
Reese Dual Cam HP
2004 Puma 30DBSS

needgas__
Explorer
Explorer

Is this now broken fella a breaker?
Me & Her
3 of them
Reese Dual Cam HP
2004 Puma 30DBSS

westend
Explorer
Explorer
needgas$$ wrote:
It is a little corroded....

That's like, there is a small hole in the balloon...:B
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

shooted
Explorer
Explorer
The "junction" is most likely a circuit breaker & is consistent with your problem.