Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How many Northern Lite owners do we have? (revision 2)
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How many Northern Lite owners do we have? (revision 2)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
GOASA

APG MWR RV Campground

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/19 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

New NL owner here in MD

CMWade

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/19 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Edith!

Welcome to the Northern Lite owners list! You will enjoy that Northern Lite!!! Looking at your profile, we are already friends on Face Book. I don't spend much time here, but I do get an email every time someone replies to this forum.

Enjoy your new toy!

Charlie Wade
New Carlisle, OH

desertfoxjr

CT

View Profile

Posted: 03/17/19 06:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am considering truck campers. I was leaning toward an Adventurer or Artic Fox, but I stumbled across an ad for Northern Lite and I am intrigued and seriously considering the NL. I have a 2014 3/4 ton 6'6" box Duramax 4x4. I have a few questions:

1. What has been your experience with your Northern Lite 811?

3. How strongly would you recommend the 811?

Thank you,

Desertfoxjr

2 Piece

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/18/19 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Fox Jr,
I can not tell you about the 811....but my 10-2 is excellent! And I would definitely recommend it, and I would suggest taking a look at the Northern Lite campers. Last few years ago when wife and I were looking for a truck camper we had narrowed down them down to Bigfoot 25C10.6, Arctic Fox 990 and Northern Lite 10-2ex. We liked them all, but the Northern Lite 10-2 just felt right for us. It is about 6" wider than the Bigfoot- and 6" is a Big deal in a truck camper. The Artic Fox was nice, but I really did not want a slide. Slides can have a maintence and seal issues that i did not want to deal with plus wanted access to camper for quick stops. The Artic Fox was also pretty heavy. Then we looked at the NL 811, it was very nice but a little small for the two of us. We also looked at the 9-6 whhich is very, very similar to the 10-2. With the 10-2 we accuired additional storage space/ cabinets towards rear of camper. I really liked the two piece fiberglass shell.
All in all the NL's felt roomier than the other non slide campers we looked at, and we looked at a lot of brands. The NL's felt solid, no saggy floors, no doors or trim falling off. Yes, we had a bathroom door fall off when we opened the door and many campers wit trim falling.
We really, really like our NL. It was a bit pricier than some of the others, but its like the old saying.. "the quality remains long after the price is forgotten". Take a look at the NL 811 and see if it fits your needs.

2018 F350 6.7 diesel, 4x4, DRW, crew cab, 8' box.
2018 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE.

Those that do not read have no advantage over those who can not.

PhilR

Albany NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/29/19 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 2013 Duramax short box with 2017 Northern Lite 8-11. Been very happy with the NL....good quality, comfortable floor plan and the fiberglass construction is a big plus. Gross vehicle weight with empty water tank is approx. 11,200 lbs. which exceeds my truck mgvw rating of 10,000 lbs. I added Roadmaster Active Suspension and Rancho 9000 shocks and it drives and handles well. However, I recently purchased a new (2019) Duramax 3500 HD with a mgvw rating of 11,500 lbs. I'm more comfortable being within the truck's rating in the event of a serious accident and potential insurance issues.

The Mad Norsky

Yankton, South Dakota

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/19 10:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add me to the list.

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath.

Love this camper.

The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

topgeek

8000ft

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/19 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Please add me to the list as well. Bought it last weekend and pick it up Tuesday.

2019 Northern Lite 10-2EXLEUDB.
Truck is a 2015 F-350 platinum dually diesel.

Location: 80403 in Colorado (Near Golden Gate Canyon State Park)

Cheers,
Edward

scoand10

Salt Lake City

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/19 11:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1993 Northern Lite 6'11.
It is being carried by a 2003 Toyota tacoma.
Located in SLC, UT.
Very happy with the set up!

dubzz24

Uhhh

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/19 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 1995 9-6 lite (non-basement) that needed some work when I picked it up this spring. The 1" plywood that reinforces the front tie-downs had gotten wet and rotten from an old leak so it wasn't distributing the force from the tie downs, causing the fiberglass near the tie down holes to start to tear. I had to pull out the propane system and hot water heater to do the repairs, which included a couple extra layers of fiberglass, and this thing should be bullet proof now that I've re-sealed everything.

Reason I bring this up, is that many people think that water can't cause issues with fiberglass campers but that's not the case, as I discovered. Keep your seals in good shape and keep the water out and it should last a lifetime.

devildog1971

Rome

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/19 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This will make our third truck camper our first new and first 2019 Northern Lite a 10-2 EX CD dry bath with solar panel onan generator and 12 volt television which the big foot had neither of those options. and the Big Foot we looked at new had water in a couple compartments. need to update my signature still have to get and install the frame mounted torklifts still have the fast guns pick up in the next 7 or 8 days if all goes well with tie downs

2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How many Northern Lite owners do we have? (revision 2)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS