cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NEXUS 32 SC SUPER C INDEPTH REVIEW - MIKE MAS

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Forum Members - this is an extensive review on the new Super C from the folks at Nexus. The Nexus Phantom 32 SC is built on an International TerraStar chassis with the MaxxForce 7 V8 Diesel engine with an Allison 6 speed transmission.

Iโ€™m just another RV owner like you guys and wanted to share my finding with other forum members โ€“ I have no association to the manufacture other than a customer relationship - Enjoy!

Mike Mas - rotory@earthlink.net

26 REPLIES 26

b17drvr
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Nexus Ghost for 1.5 years now and I like it. It is on the durastar chassis and has a Cummins 6.7. Drives great and gets about 9mpg.

panthercity
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
It's a NEW member...a salesman perhaps?

Gary Haupt
Doubt it.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
It's a NEW member...a salesman perhaps?

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to jump in here and say my coach is still doing well - while I never took the big trips I planned, I do use the coach for business 4-5 times a year and all good!

The mileage is a consistent 11-13 mpg average - this has improved after the first year.

REgards - Mike Mas

Gran-e
Explorer
Explorer
Mike, can you tell me the brand and model of the air horn you installed. Such a good idea.

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Guys I finally got time to remedy the stock trailer hitch which hung down too low - I cut out the cross bar then re-welded it at the top of the hitch side-plates, this moved it up almost 5 inches - major difference!

Enjoy - Mike

South_Bird
Explorer
Explorer
Having trouble opening the review. It indicates 509 bandwidth exceeded for website. Any other way to get it?

Thanks.

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
You're right I must have lot my mind for a minute! lol

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Careful Idle-Up, weight police here will have you spontaneous combust for comments like that.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

Idle-Up
Explorer
Explorer
Hey I was in dump trucking for decades and you won't believe just how much more we loaded both single axle and tandems for years and years on those trucks over the GVW. As a rule the chassis weight limitations is like your septic tank ratings, very, very, conservative.

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
ronfisherman wrote:
The chassis is rated at 19,500. I ran into the same thing with my Kodiak. Axles with same rate that equal 20,500. But chassis is rated at 19,500. I have always wondered where the 1,000 lbs went. :h

Generally when the chassis rating is lower than the axle ratings its due to the following:

1) Full GVWR brake testing could only pass standards at the lower GVWR.
2) Shorter wheelbase makes it likely to hit the limit of at least one axle, based on probable loading scenarios. Ford example 138" vs 158" wheelbase is the only difference between the 11,500 and 12,500 GVWR E350 cutaway chassis.

Or sometimes, they simply de-rate a chassis for liscensing or insurance reasons. There are many trucks built with a 10,000 or 26,000 GVWR which are mechanically the same as higher rated versions of the same chassis.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

ronfisherman
The chassis is rated at 19,500. I ran into the same thing with my Kodiak. Axles with same rate that equal 20,500. But chassis is rated at 19,500. I have always wondered where the 1,000 lbs went. :h
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

earlvillestu
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent review, and thank you!

A question: You give the axle ratings as 13,500 rear axle and 7,000 front axle), say that you weighed in with fuel and water at 17,300 (11,200 rear and 6,100 front), and that that gives you 2,200 pounds for other stuff. My arithmetic would indicate you have 3,200 pounds left - or am I missing something?
Stu
Jayco King 8 PUP (1986-2014 - RIP, little friend :()

Art_Schlangen
Explorer
Explorer
Well we may have one of these in our drive way next year. We own a Northern Lite Truck camper. It is perfect for my wife and I and when I go hunting and fishing. Well it is beyond perfect. But we need more room, My wife and I are going up to Elkhart next week we are planning on checking out this unit. We want one with the bunks, grand kids like to go with us and camp on the weekend. 2 kids there stuff, a bird dog and my wife and I in a truck camper. It looks like a bomb went off in the camper. I may even keep my TC camper its paid for. Have to weight pro and cons... Thanks for the review it was very informative... ART