cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dodge 440 Brougham 1978

YoungNomads
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone! My name is Kirkman. My wife and I just bought a 1978 Dodge Class C Brougham.. I've seen on a lot of forums that owners are having trouble finding manuals etc.. This thing came with ALL of it in wonderful shape. Anyway, I'd be happy to send off copies etc if anyone needs them! It is a 7.2 liter 440. I also have manuals for the shureflo water system/pump and duo therm 915 model and Wedgwood fridge. I have the original brougham user manual as well. I'm pretty stoked!

Happy trails!
-John and Kristin Kirkman
15 REPLIES 15

ForeverVino
Explorer
Explorer
Been struggling to get to know my rv without a Manuel can you help me out. Please and thank you. Lvl1trevinos@gmail.com

renegade_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have the manuals for a 1978 Dodge Brougham with a 440 engine that they can send me? My son just bought one and it doesn't have any of the manuals.

ronfisherman
Here is a thread on Dodge based motorhomes.
How many of us are there? Owners of Dodge based RV's?
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

LLROBERTS0131
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning.

I recently purchased a 1978 Dodge Brougham with the 440, unfortunately, I have been unable to find much in the way of manuals. I would love to have any and all relevant information anyone may have available.

email: llroberts0131@gmail.com

Santeekaren
Explorer
Explorer
YoungNomads wrote:
Hey everyone! My name is Kirkman. My wife and I just bought a 1978 Dodge Class C Brougham.. I've seen on a lot of forums that owners are having trouble finding manuals etc.. This thing came with ALL of it in wonderful shape. Anyway, I'd be happy to send off copies etc if anyone needs them! It is a 7.2 liter 440. I also have manuals for the shureflo water system/pump and duo therm 915 model and Wedgwood fridge. I have the original brougham user manual as well. I'm pretty stoked!

Happy trails!
-John and Kristin Kirkman

I was hoping you could help me i bought a 1978 dodge sportsman brougham f40 motor and desperatky need a copy of manual please can you help me my number is 6197159002 santeekaren1904@gmail.com please oh please i cannot find this manual anywhere thank you for your time

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
The current owners of old used RV's often don't have the original owners manual or manuals for the house box appliances. Owners manuals are usually generic and don't include detailed electrical schematics, servicing or troubleshooting info. Try to buy a Chilton's or other maintenance/service manual for the equivalent Dodge van, available from auto supply stores or online sources. There are helpful generic how to manuals for operation and maintenance of RV available from RV supply stores. Try to learn about servicing Dodge carbs, ballast resistors, the large electrical connector that goes through the firewall, fusible links, and other quirks. Look for the Dodge RV owners thread on this forum. You have a new hobby!!

Cbmamatiger
Explorer
Explorer
My partner and I just purchased a 1978 Dodge Brougham RV without any manual or history. I would very much like it if I could receive a copy of the manual. Please email me at caroleburr63@gmail.com. Thank you

corypio
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone heard from YoungNomads? I could really use these manuals!!!! I sent a private message but seeing as the original posting was from back in 14' I'm worried they won't respond.

CaliforniaBound
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

I hope you are enjoying your RV! My fiance and I recently purchased the exact same one and have been renovating it for several months. Is there any chance I could get a copy of any manuals you have? We haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks in advance!

TrippNGypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there,
My lady and I just purchased a 78 dodge brougham that did not come with any manuals, think i could get a copy of the ones you have?
Thanks!
Anthony

bmoon1952
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you enjoy the Dodge Brougham as much as we did with our first motorhome. Ours was a 1977 Dodge Brougham 22'. Had a few issues with it on the road but nothing serious. I hope you have an Edelbrock carb on yours. After I installed the Edelbrock carb, it was rock solid reliable. Over the years, I installed the carb, then the Performer intake manifold and finally headers. It was probably the most over-powered 22' Class C on the road. We absolutely loved it. Drove it 5 years then bought a 1987 Minnie Winnie.

aaroneousmagnus
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

I myself purchased the same RV today! Mine, unfortunately, did not come with the manual. Any chance you could share with me? It would be a huge help, as the previous owner knew next to nothing about the vehicle and it is going to be a fixer upper!

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoy the motorhome.

There is a chance that the distributor is not working at the correct level anymore. Stretched springs, leaking vacuum advance, and other things can prevent the RV from making the power that it should .

A place like "Clutches Unlimited" in Midway City CA can rebuild the distributor and make at least as much power as it made when new.

Check the rims. Probably do not have the R - for Radial rims with a circle around it (indicating that Radial tires are acceptable for this style rim! ) The first generation of radial rims had some problems, and could not use radial tires to their 'full rated' capacity listed on the rim. Later designs had more weight capacity, and have a circle around the R.

Good luck!

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Enjoy.

Pictures? ๐Ÿ™‚