cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Route from Salt Lake City to Moab-with 5th wheel

kopy_kat
Explorer
Explorer
I looking for info on HWY 6 / 191 heading south from Salt Lake City to Moab...how is it towing a 5th wheel??

thanks,
Larry
2013 Flagstaff 8528ikws---"Camp MiMiPaPa"
7 REPLIES 7

Pumpmck
Explorer
Explorer
Just traveled this route towing a 26 foot fifth wheeler with my 1988 GMC 1/2 ton! A beautiful drive and we had no problems except for a very strong headwind on 191. It is a gradual uphill all the way from SLC to Moab. The worst part of the whole trip was I15 in SLC! Apparently all the money goes in to temples and not highway repair! TERRIBLE road conditions in SLC that nearly shook our trailer too pieces!

Pumpmck
Explorer
Explorer
Beltzy wrote:
n7bsn wrote:
boogie_4wheel wrote:
Spanish Fork through Price to Green River to Moab is the route to take.
Over half of the route between Spanish Fork and Price is multi lane. Road does get a little twisty on the downhill coming in to Price.

There is no reason whatsoever to go down to Cove Fort and take I-70 directly from I-15.

Agreed
Fine road, much commercial traffic on that route, no reason to avoid it

Agreed also, We took the Spanish Fork through Price to Green River to Moab route last year (end of March) and had no problems or holdups.. Just got a bit sad cause I had no real reason to use the exhaust brake yet on my new to me Dirtymax. he he

rollexx
Explorer
Explorer
Towed our fiver that route last year. No problemo.

Beltzy
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
boogie_4wheel wrote:
Over half of the route between Spanish Fork and Price is multi lane. Road does get a little twisty on the downhill coming in to Price.

There is no reason whatsoever to go down to Cove Fort and take I-70 directly from I-15.

Agreed

Agreed also, We took the Spanish Fork through Price to Green River to Moab route last year (end of March) and had no problems or holdups.. Just got a bit sad cause I had no real reason to use the exhaust brake yet on my new to me Dirtymax. he he
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS
2011 Chevy Silverado 2500 Duramax LTZ

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
boogie_4wheel wrote:

Agreed
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer

2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Have not done routes 6/191, but I do know that routes 28/89 between Nephi and I70 is an easy drive with no grades.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450๐Ÿ™‚