cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BORN FREE's Kim Olson still in the RV business?

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know if Kim Olson, Customer Service Rep. at Born Free for 30+ years, is still in the RV business?

I'm trying to find out where I can source parts for my Born Free coach, since they're out of business since May 2017.

Kim Olson knew everything about these coaches, and where to source parts for them.

37 REPLIES 37

Floridastorm
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 24RB and am trying to find out what standard factory equipment came with it when it rolled out the door. The only way to price it is to determine that and then add any equipment that had been installed after that, either by the factory or by a private owner. Trying to get the correct NADA pricing for insurance purposes.

Thanks Much for any and all info provided. Dave

:h

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kim posted something in the born free page on Facebook a bit ago. I did not see it soon enough to reach out to him
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
whemme wrote:
Your stainless steel fuel tank was a Ford product not a Born Free product. Since your tank was made out of stainless steel how in the heck did you get it to rust? Stainless steel in normally extremely rust resistant.
I wish we knew; "how it rusted out."

Fact is, that it's not a one off case. I visited in-person with a FoMoCo marketing dept. longtime Detroit, MI Ford Truck expert, and he knew of other like cases having happened.

So, yes, it's possible that Born Free manufacturer had something to do with it.
BTW, the entire inside of the OEM tank was coated in rust. I inspected it before authorizing a new replacement was installed.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Does anyone know if Kim Olson, Customer Service Rep. at Born Free for 30+ years, is still in the RV business?

Its page 4 of this post It does not appear that anyone here knows.
If you are seriously trying to find him , go see a private investigator who is licensed to do searches with software thats not avl to you or anyone else.
Thanks, but the RV industry is where I choose to look. Since that is the industry focused on here.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

Its page 4 of this post It does not appear that anyone here knows.
If you are seriously trying to find him , go see a private investigator who is licensed to do searches with software thats not avl to you or anyone else.

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
John S. wrote:
I would check with motorhomes of Texas. They became a dealer for them or check with Anceria as they two were a dealer. One or the other can source the parts I would think.
Do you know where Kim Olson is working now? Is what I was asking.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walt's RV in Corona Ca. is an interesting place. It is an indoor collection of various RV items in large boxes or in a pile. You name it and they have it. I believe they have and do continue to purchase items that may have been removed to upgrade as well as new stuff. Rv inventories from failed dealerships or what have you. Where is it in their warehouse? Who knows but it is a treasure to explore.

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would check with motorhomes of Texas. They became a dealer for them or check with Anceria as they two were a dealer. One or the other can source the parts I would think.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer

I'm trying to find out where I can source parts for my Born Free coach, since they're out of business since May 2017.

Kim Olson knew everything about these coaches, and where to source parts for them.

If so, please post the RV firm he's now with.

countrykids
Explorer
Explorer
Bill, my wife and I are both 78 with a 2004 RSB which we purchased the August before their closure. We had some maintenance work done at the plant in Sept so had a chance to meet many of the people including Kim.I think of those fine folks every time I climb in the unit and still have the company phone in my cell directory.

It may be that the world has changed enough that a company making a low volume high quality product can’t make it any more. If so, We are glad we have ours.

We did get a chance to meet a granddaughter of the founder. She knocked on our door at a campground in southern Kansas and we had a very nice visit. I don’t believe her dad was involved in the company.. we had an extra Born Free hat which we shared with her.

Susan and Bob
2004 Born Free class c

whemme
Explorer
Explorer
I am 79 years old and own a 2002 Born Free 26’ RSB coach. Probably my last motorhome since what I have still works well. If something needs fixing I just spend the money to fix it. If I ever wanted to upgrade, I would seriously consider a Lazy Daze. This coach is only available factory direct just like the Born Free was for many years.
2002 Born Free 26' RSB Motorcoach
2005 Chevrolet Malibu LS Toad

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Roadmaster base plate and use a cheap Reese tow bar. The car only weighs 1800 lbs so I don't use a braking system.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

tarnold
Explorer
Explorer
What system are you using to pull your smart?

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
whemme wrote:
...The original factory is not producing any motor homes but the last I knew, pontoons for pontoon boats were being made there...
I traveled through Humboldt last August. My Born Free was home sick. Sadly the place is completely vacant.

Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN