cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Mount for 2015 Jayco rotating TV Cabinet w/ Mirror Back?

bowler1
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2015 Jayco Jayflight 29 QBS. It has a rotating TV "cabinet" that allows you to rotate between the living room and the bedroom. It has a place to mount a TV on one side, and a mirror on the opposite side.

Not sure what TV mount to get. Since the mirror is on the opposite side of where the TV mounts you have little room for error with the depth of the mounting screws. I estimate only a 1/2 inch of wood or less before you it the glass of the mirror.

Any advice?

thanks
Matt
5 REPLIES 5

mkdeneve
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to remove this swivel cabinet completely? I have done an initial look, and it does not seem obvious.

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
I had the exact same question 2 years ago when we got out Jayco. What I did was this...you buy what ever bracket you want for your tv. Instead of using the lag screws that come with it you have to buy different ones. The wood side of the rotating tv stand is 3/4" thick so you will need to buy lag screws that are 3/4" long. Because the head of the bolt has to hold the mount, the 3/4" length of the screw will not go all the way throught the wood and hit the mirror. Make sure to predrill your holes

Not sure what diameter you will need, just get the same diameter as the screws that came with the mount. I think the might be 5/16" in diameter, but I am not sure.

I did ours like this and have had no issue in the 2 years we have had it and it is very secure.
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow... I have the EXACT same trailer and came on here to ask the EXACT same question. Bought ours at Keystone RV Center in Greencastle PA and picked it up Saturday. We are headed to Patapsco State Park on Friday for our shakedown trip.

Please let me know what you decide. I think I am going to stick with a 32" TV and some bracket that has an articulating mount so that I can swing the TV out and be able to watch from the couch.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

George_H
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced analog TV in our entertainment center. Just used table top feet for LG set and drilled through feet and used screws, with washers, to mount to horizontal surface. Have put nearly 2K miles on this setup with no issues.
George, Juanita and Mandie (boss Shar-Pei)
01 F350, PSD, DRW
05 Carri-Lite 32RS3

mds47588
Explorer
Explorer
I would remove the mirror if possible. Then install your tv/mount. If the fasteners of choice protrude, then it would be relatively easy to cut the ends off, and then merely re-install the mirror

FWIW: I grew up in Aberdeen, but have been living in south Mississippi (and now Texas for work) since '93.
-2019 Forest River Wildcat 312RLI
-- Pulled by a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500
-- 4WD/Dbl Cab/Reg Bed/3.42rr

...Full timing for work, currently in Nashville...