Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Dropped 5er with Pullrite SuperGlide?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dropped 5er with Pullrite SuperGlide?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev
MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually it is Jimmy raised from the dead, since he just started posting after a long absence. He has years of catching up! [emoticon]

Jerry

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 01:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"You're far more likely to drop with a split-jaw type, which still amazes me anyone still uses this design."

You've mentioned this in several posts in several threads. What, exactly, is a "split-jaw type"? I don't see how a hitch, other than a ball hitch, could work unless the jaws split apart to allow the hitch pin to enter.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MNRon

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/23/19 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow! Haven’t really been following RV.net for last year very much. Just happened to look tonight and saw thread on dropping with a Superglide which intrigued me...imagine my surprise when I read the initial post and realized it was ME 4yrs ago [emoticon]

At that point I’d pulled our 5er for about a year and probably hitched/unhitched a couple dozen times. Thought I understood Superglide but obviously not as confident as I wanted to be. Thanks for everyone that helped boost my confidence in the hitch.

Since then we’ve pulled that HitchHiker, and now our Vilano 30-40k miles and hitched/unhitched well into 3 figure territory. Not going to tell others how to do it but our experience is great with a Superglide, I (and my wife usually) look to make sure the pin is wrapped with flange below jaws but never do pull test, nor do I do a tug test on my truck hood to make sure it’s latched each time I drive...I live dangerously [emoticon]

I do have to admit that we did high-hitch once which the visual test caught. Unfortunately this also bent the trigger which resulted in some messing with hookup and disassembling and bending back. Have to say that Pullrite was GREAT with support. When I called them they immediately sent me a replacement trigger AND a spare, fedex, at no charge. Did I say I LOVE this hitch and company?

Ron & Pat
2013 Silverado 3500 Duramax SRW
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

JIMMY034

Springville, NY (S. of Buffalo)

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/19 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never noticed the date, but it wasn't very deep in the topics. Yes, I've not posted for a while, so I just assumed (I know...) that this was still a lively forum. I'm beginning to see how wrong I was. Did everyone give up RVing or something? This forum was never this dead when I used to be more active years ago.

2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, 6.6L Duramax/Allison, Amsoil dual oil bypass filter system, Demco Recon 21K hitch. 2004 Puma 28' 5th wheel. USAF/Desert Storm Vet. CDL-A driver for Walmart.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Dropped 5er with Pullrite SuperGlide?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS