Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rexhall A&E Elite 10,000 Awning

mbnels
Explorer
Explorer
Hello!

New to the Forums here. I just purchased a 1995 Rexhall Aerobus and it has an A&E Elite 10,000 Awning. I've googled and searched and can't find any info on how to deploy the awning...can anyone lend any help?

It is quite a bit different from the standard awnings.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
13 REPLIES 13

Willy1959
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there, I am bringing the thread back from the dead, I just bought an older newmar with this awning and would love to have a manual on it, is anyone willing to email it to me?

SacsTC
Explorer
Explorer
Wingn wrote:
The ends have to be unlocked,then once unfolded and attached to the side of the coach. Using the pole that is used to undo the arms, there is a round area in the center of the awning's front that you place the pole hook in and pull the awning out, then adjust the side arms to the length and angle you want.

Mbnels::
It seems that you have to lift the center of the awning with the tool and then pull out. It sits in a type of cradle. You must also push it up when you close it.
1999 Damon Daybreak 3270
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I was a good kid, now I'm making up for it

mbnels
Explorer
Explorer
Yes dometicusa.com. I've searched for the manual and been unable to find the elite 10000. My last post had a typo due to my phone autocorrect.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
"Domestic"? DOMETIC! www.dometicusa.com

mbnels
Explorer
Explorer
Yes please email it. Mbnels1@gmail.com I didn't have any luck on the domestic site.

Thanks!

Mike

wrolandhyattjr
Explorer
Explorer
I can email you the 10000 Owner's Manual.

Wingn
Explorer
Explorer
The ends have to be unlocked,then once unfolded and attached to the side of the coach. Using the pole that is used to undo the arms, there is a round area in the center of the awning's front that you place the pole hook in and pull the awning out, then adjust the side arms to the length and angle you want.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
mbnels wrote:
Thanks for the info. I was able to get the arms to swing down, and they are unlocked and lowered to their lowest, but the awning still does not unfurl. I tried googling on the owners manual...but still have yet to locate one that isn't a link to a virus website.

thanks again for the help!

Go directly to their website. all the manuals are there and downloadable in PDF format.
www.dometicusa.com
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

MrWizard
is that the one that cranks out, old fashion style
like the old store front awnings ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

mbnels
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I was able to get the arms to swing down, and they are unlocked and lowered to their lowest, but the awning still does not unfurl. I tried googling on the owners manual...but still have yet to locate one that isn't a link to a virus website.

thanks again for the help!

SacsTC
Explorer
Explorer
It's been a long time, but we had one of these.

It seems like the arms, which are in the awning box, were spring loaded to the center. You had to turn something that moved a spring-loaded locking pin and then lower each arm separately into the brackets on the MH. At this point, you had to unlock the arms so that the awning would unroll.
The 10000 had its own special awning rod and it had a special end that turned the spring so that the arm would come down out of the box. I'll try to think on it some more, but it's been an awful long time.
1999 Damon Daybreak 3270
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I was a good kid, now I'm making up for it

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
The manual can be downloaded online. Dometic A&E 10000 elite manual
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

2oldman