cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Marketing Boo Boos

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
Seeing another thread made me start this. How many times have you seen marketing pictures that just aren't right.

Here is a Canadian magazine cover showing a 11,000 lb Cedar Creek with a 2000 lb+ pin weight hooked to a Tundra.

http://rvlifemag.com/magazine/volume-42-number-6/

How about this one. A truck camper manufacturer website showing a 5000 lb camper on the back of a SRW F350.

http://www.amlrv.com/eagle-cap-truck-campers/eagle-cap-truck-camper-models-floor-plans/eagle-cap-tru...

Anybody have others?
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS
15 REPLIES 15

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
A little off subject but funny (sad) in a cruel way:

1977, Linda Ronstadt performs live at Tennessee State Prison singing her hit song "You're No Good" to a . . . . . . captive audience . . . . . oops! Yes, it actually happened and it's on video at YouTube.

Chum lee

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
4x4van wrote:
Honda has a current TV commercial for their Talon side-by-side. It's a pretty good commercial, showing the Talon driving and the happy campers sitting around the campfire near their (2) large toyhaulers...with nary a tow vehicle in site!:?
Did you think they would show one of the big three trucks in a Honda commercial, LOL.

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Honda has a current TV commercial for their Talon side-by-side. It's a pretty good commercial, showing the Talon driving and the happy campers sitting around the campfire near their (2) large toyhaulers...with nary a tow vehicle in site!:?
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
I like the RV brochures that show a family of happy campers around the fire, with their brand new RV parked on a pristine, grass covered waterfront site with NO neighbors, roads, etc. anywhere in sight.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Etstorm
Explorer
Explorer
Many years ago Chevrolet started advertising in Mexico. At that time the Nova was all the rage. Almost no sales in Mexico. Appears Nova means โ€œ no goโ€ in Spanish.

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Last season, a year or so ago, when some Kia vehicles were burning up on the highway. Wife and I saw a KIA sales commercial ... a KIA was driving down the road.

The little jingle audio in the background: 'Light up your holidays with a KIA.'

That's a boo-boo the advertising agency missed, I'll bet. We saw it once only. We cracked up at that PR error. Timing is everything!!
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
At the stage of the storeโ€™s development, itโ€™s already worth considering attracting users who have not yet made a purchase decision and are still choosing a product. It is also vital to form a loyal audience of regular customers who will respond to brand offers and buy on the site again. How to do it? My solution is to go to a marketing agency. They will increase Instagram video views. And it will help you to advertise your products.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Dom't want to hijack this thread, my response here has nothing to do with RVing, tow vehicles, or the item the OP addrdessed in the links, but if you're wanting to talk about big UM-HUM's?... well check this out. It's just not the automotive industry!

Now granted this was 2008, but really, not much has changed since then.

First photo: Wendy's came out with this absolutely mouth watering new burger. I love mushroom and Swiss so was more than eager to try it. The following photos is what I actually got! I couldn't eat it!

Always order a fast food burger with something "special" such as no ketchup or no pickles. Normally they will make it fresh. HOWEVER, it will never look like the advertising.
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Jim-Linda
Explorer
Explorer
derh20 wrote:
Regarding the Tundra. I saw a guy pulling out of my repair shop with a Tundra pulling a triple axle 5th wheel. I thought OMG. But then I checked the Toyota website and saw that they have a version with a 380 HP V8. My 29' B+ only has a 310 HP engine. I did not check the other specs, but maybe that is not out of question.

You do know its not how many horses you have, its how much weight on the back of the horse that's the issue? That truck is absolutely overloaded.

Jim

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
Regarding the Tundra. I saw a guy pulling out of my repair shop with a Tundra pulling a triple axle 5th wheel. I thought OMG. But then I checked the Toyota website and saw that they have a version with a 380 HP V8. My 29' B+ only has a 310 HP engine. I did not check the other specs, but maybe that is not out of question.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:
Dom't want to hijack this thread, my response here has nothing to do with RVing, tow vehicles, or the item the OP addrdessed in the links, but if you're wanting to talk about big UM-HUM's?... well check this out. It's just not the automotive industry!

First photo: Wendy's came out with this absolutely mouth watering new burger. I love mushroom and Swiss so was more than eager to try it. The following photos is what I actually got! I couldn't eat it!

Thanks a lot Dutchmen, I was hungry, but now I think I'll just go to bed.:E Wonder how long that thing layed under a heat lamp before they dragged it out to serve it.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
Seeing another thread made me start this. How many times have you seen marketing pictures that just aren't right.

Here is a Canadian magazine cover showing a 11,000 lb Cedar Creek with a 2000 lb+ pin weight hooked to a Tundra.

http://rvlifemag.com/magazine/volume-42-number-6/

How about this one. A truck camper manufacturer website showing a 5000 lb camper on the back of a SRW F350.

http://www.amlrv.com/eagle-cap-truck-campers/eagle-cap-truck-camper-models-floor-plans/eagle-cap-tru...

Anybody have others?

Actually that SB is 13,950 pounds GVWR giving a potiential 2800 pounds pin weight. Who ever set that up is another marketing genius I want nothing to do with!

soren
Explorer
Explorer
It's an old problem. I recall magazine pics. and even ads for insurance featuring combinations like the 1990s Dodge minivans pulling 5000lb. 25 ft. long travel trailers. The exact vehicles that made a good living for my local transmission shop, that typically had at least a dozen awaiting repairs, since they would puke transmissions while hauling big loads like groceries and toddlers.