Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Sonic by Venture 190
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Sonic by Venture 190

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/02/16 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also if you are not going to dump the tanks till you are ready to leave, why hook up the sewer hose when you arrive?


2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8


BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

Moderator

Joined: 10/16/2000

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/02/16 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can hook up the hose anytime before you dump. Waiting until you are ready to leave prevents anybody stepping on it or a campground employee cutting grass with a weed wacker from cutting slices in it.

When finished dumping and ready to go home, I usually put three complete commode bowls full of water in the tank along with some laundry detergent. This does two things. 1. Keeps any solids left in there (and there will always be some left unless you spray the inside of the tank) from hardening into concrete, and 2. Is enough to cover the bottom of the tank and allow the detergent to splash around while travelling and help clean the tank and sensors. It stays in there until the next time we dump the tanks.
Never store your trailer with dry tanks. Doing that will allow anything in there to dry and harden and will also allow the seals to dry out.

I have followed this routine for many years and have never found the need to use any toilet chemicals except if we were going to store the trailer for an extended period of time (month or more). Just make sure to use plenty of water for every flush. Put some extra in the bowel before using the toilet.
Barney


2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
2019 Ram Limited 1500, 5.7L Hemi, 4x4, SB
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD


tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/02/16 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

You can hook up the hose anytime before you dump. Waiting until you are ready to leave prevents anybody stepping on it or a campground employee cutting grass with a weed wacker from cutting slices in it.

When finished dumping and ready to go home, I usually put three complete commode bowls full of water in the tank along with some laundry detergent. This does two things. 1. Keeps any solids left in there (and there will always be some left unless you spray the inside of the tank) from hardening into concrete, and 2. Is enough to cover the bottom of the tank and allow the detergent to splash around while travelling and help clean the tank and sensors. It stays in there until the next time we dump the tanks.
Never store your trailer with dry tanks. Doing that will allow anything in there to dry and harden and will also allow the seals to dry out.

I have followed this routine for many years and have never found the need to use any toilet chemicals except if we were going to store the trailer for an extended period of time (month or more). Just make sure to use plenty of water for every flush. Put some extra in the bowel before using the toilet.
Barney


Barney, thank you so much for clarifying the amount of water to leave in the tank and also to not hook up the sewer pipe till leaving the park. So I guess you leave your city water hooked up till after you are through dumping the tanks and flushing them out. Thanks again for answering a new owners questions. It is very much appreciated.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

Senior Member

Joined: 03/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/02/16 04:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations on the trailer purchase.

You will get used to towing after awhile. If it is set up right you will hardly even know it's back there after you are used to it.

Backing may take you a little practice though. Find a big empty parking lot and practice backing in that.

tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/02/16 04:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

Congratulations on the trailer purchase.

You will get used to towing after awhile. If it is set up right you will hardly even know it's back there after you are used to it.

Backing may take you a little practice though. Find a big empty parking lot and practice backing in that.


Thanks Charlie. We are going to the local elementary school this weekend to practice backing in. I think I might have to play with the gain on the trailer brake. There's a slight clunk when stopping.

tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/02/16 04:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was told to buy a rechargeable electric drill to use on the 4 stabilizer jacks that steady the trailer when parked. I was wondering what volt rechargeable drill will be strong enough to do the job.

tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/03/16 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I need to buy a stake and tieout to hook my dog to, so she can have a little room to roam while were sitting outside with her. What would be better? The corkscrew type or the drive in with a hammer type? She is 60 pounds.

[image]

GrandpaKip

Flat Rock

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/04/16 08:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tex wardfan wrote:

I was told to buy a rechargeable electric drill to use on the 4 stabilizer jacks that steady the trailer when parked. I was wondering what volt rechargeable drill will be strong enough to do the job.


I use an 18 volt DeWalt drill for the stabilizers and carry an 18 volt impact wrench to change tires. Also have a 12 volt compressor.


Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

Senior Member

Joined: 03/01/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/05/16 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tex wardfan wrote:

I need to buy a stake and tieout to hook my dog to, so she can have a little room to roam while were sitting outside with her. What would be better? The corkscrew type or the drive in with a hammer type? She is 60 pounds.

[image]


Nice looking dog.

I have a hyper lab / springer mix. I have found that neither of the types of dog ties you mentioned work for him. First, he just runs around enough directions that the eventually he gets them loose in the ground and they pull out. Second, sometimes the ground is so hard I can't get them in. Third, some parks get upset with you when you put things in their ground. (But,some parks don't care).

I carry two ties. One is heavy chain with a swivel on each end. I use this to tie him to picnic tables etc. The second is a store bought cable. The cable has a plastic wrap around it and I use this to tie him to trees. The wrapped cable doesn't hurt the tree. Some parks may still not allow this and that is when I switch to the chain on the picnic table idea.

tex wardfan

texas

Full Member

Joined: 02/14/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/05/16 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GrandpaKip wrote:

tex wardfan wrote:

I was told to buy a rechargeable electric drill to use on the 4 stabilizer jacks that steady the trailer when parked. I was wondering what volt rechargeable drill will be strong enough to do the job.


I use an 18 volt DeWalt drill for the stabilizers and carry an 18 volt impact wrench to change tires. Also have a 12 volt compressor.


Kip, I picked up an 18 volt Black and Decker yesterday at Walmart. it came with 2 batterys. I still need to find the socket that will have a 3/8 or smaller shank on it. Academy showed to have one online but it wasn't in our local store. I have to go back to my dealer to get the license plate and maybe they have one in their parts store.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

 > Sonic by Venture 190
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS