Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Sonic by Venture 190
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Sonic by Venture 190

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
tex wardfan

texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/05/16 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CavemanCharlie wrote:

tex wardfan wrote:

I need to buy a stake and tieout to hook my dog to, so she can have a little room to roam while were sitting outside with her. What would be better? The corkscrew type or the drive in with a hammer type? She is 60 pounds.

[image]

Nice looking dog.

I have a hyper lab / springer mix. I have found that neither of the types of dog ties you mentioned work for him. First, he just runs around enough directions that the eventually he gets them loose in the ground and they pull out. Second, sometimes the ground is so hard I can't get them in. Third, some parks get upset with you when you put things in their ground. (But,some parks don't care).

I carry two ties. One is heavy chain with a swivel on each end. I use this to tie him to picnic tables etc. The second is a store bought cable. The cable has a plastic wrap around it and I use this to tie him to trees. The wrapped cable doesn't hurt the tree. Some parks may still not allow this and that is when I switch to the chain on the picnic table idea.

Thanks Charlie. She is pretty rambunctious so we will probably just keep her in the kennel cage when she is out side with us. she would probably just wrap herself around everything and everybody on the end of a cable or chain.

2016 Sonic by Venture 190vrb
2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 4.8L V8

River Patrol

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/17 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tex, Just joined this forum and saw your post. We also have a 2016 Sonic 190 VRB and purchased it in Oct 2015. Hope you are enjoying yours. Ours has worked well for us so far and are pleased with our purchase. I too wish there was an active Sonic forum to discuss the camper pro's and con's.

ratsatc

Binghamton NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/19 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wasn't sure if you got your answers. We upgraded from a pop up and went with the 2018 Sonic Lite 169vrd after a lot of research. We could not be happier. The one piece roof construction, the plywood floor construction along with the special trailer frame construction sold us. It seems really well made, lots of head room, great bathroom and really comfortable bed. Great, Great Travel Trailer. And the Exact Layout we wanted for the tow of us and our Jack Russell.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Sonic by Venture 190
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS