Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: 8th-Grade QB Receives Scholarship Offer from Miami
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> 8th-Grade QB Receives Scholarship Offer from Miami

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/08/16 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Another offer today !
[image]

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/16 01:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

He is now 6ft 4" 205 lbs and has added an offer from Alabama ! It's amazing since he will only be a freshman at Marietta HS (GA) !

[image]

He now has 7 offers !

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/16 08:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That's great - this kid can enjoy his childhood after he retires ...

What's with these morons -- let a kid grow up a bit first. His parents should be ashamed of themselves if they sign any one of those offers.

What if he changes his mind in a couple years - wants a different school when he figures out what he wants to do as an edu focus?

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & JAX Fla
GMC 2500 4x4 Sierra X-Cab
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
2002 Angler 8B
Back-country camping fanatic

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/16 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually has 9 offers not 7 .

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/16 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With any kind of luck he won't blow out his knees, or his back, or his neck, or suffer multiple concussions, or any of the other possible game-ending injuries in his High School football career, thus ending his athletic scholarships.
Stuff happens, especially in violent sports.
Good luck, kid, yer gonna need it with everybody on the opposing team after you!

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Automatic, 4X4
Other toys: a pair of Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/16 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

His first game in High School last night.
[image]

video of first TD pass

Harrison Bailey TD pass video

video of second TD pass

Just received an offer from the University of Tennessee!

* This post was last edited 08/21/16 08:09am by 8.1 Van *   View edit history

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/16 09:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]
Freshman Harrison Bailey passed for 267 yards and four touchdowns yesterday to lead the Blue Devils to a 38-7 win over Pebblebrook at Northcutt Stadium.

Harrison Bailey Highlight video

* This post was edited 09/13/16 06:41pm by 8.1 Van *

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/16 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Top freshman All-American Bowl selections:
[image]

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 09/24/16 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Led by freshman quarterback Harrison Bailey, Marietta dominated Campbell on Friday, winning 49-0 at Richard McDaniel Stadium.

On top of the offensive dominance, it marked the first shutout record by the Blue Devils’ defense in nine years.

Bailey only played the first half, but had a phenomenal performance, throwing for 288 yards and five touchdowns.

“He’s a great quarterback, and he gets better every week,” Marietta coach Richard Morgan said. “He is a smart player and plays well beyond his years.”

Bailey recorded two more passing touchdowns in the second quarter to put Marietta up 42-0, and his day was done.

Marietta dominates Campbell

Quote:

I saw something on Friday that absolutely blew me away watching Marietta. I have seen 2020 QB Harrison Bailey for two years now at MVP Camps. Had him in Texas for the FBU National Championships. With saying all of that, I was not sure what to expect from a 14 year old QB playing against a very solid Lassiter team that is always well coached and with three division one DB’s. What I saw was a very confident, very comfortable QB that made all the throws. He made his progressions, he looked like he had started 40 games much less, 4 games. I am a parent of high school students. I am always cautious on how much media I give a very young prospect. I have been doing this for many years now and that was as impressive performance I have seen from anyone.

http://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Dawgs247-Road-Report-47608982

It will be interesting to see how they do later in the season with McEachern HS who only had one close loss to Grayson ( #1 in Georgia and #7 in USA) by 16-13.

* This post was edited 09/24/16 10:06am by 8.1 Van *

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/16 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Freshman quarterback Harrison Bailey did his best to rewrite the Marietta record book Friday night.

Bailey completed 29 of 43 passes for 457 yards and four touchdowns to lead the Blue Devils to a 42-7 Region 3AAAAAAA victory over Kennesaw Mountain.

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound Bailey set new program marks for passed attempted, completed and for yards, bettering the previous record of 376 set by former Georgia standout Eric Zeier.

“He’s got all the tools,” Morgan said of Bailey. “He’s got a great mind, a great arm and he cares about the team. He’s out here to win football games and lead, and you don’t get that a lot of times-especially out of freshman.

“His teammates look at him as a leader. He’s got a bright future. Everything stays good he’s got a chance to break every record in the state of Georgia.”

link

He just keeps getting better every week and he has three more seasons to go at Marietta HS !

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> 8th-Grade QB Receives Scholarship Offer from Miami
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS