cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Engine cover (doghouse) removal

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco Class C with Ford E450 V10 engine. Other than unlocking the clips, what else is involved with removing the inside engine cover? I have undone the 4 clips but the cover is still locked in place. Is there something else I need to do to remove this cover?
10 REPLIES 10

SJ-Chris
Explorer
Explorer
mikestanton wrote:
I have a 2004 29" Gulfstream on a E450 chassis. It has the V-10 motor. I can't find the interior fuse block, lights AC, etc.

It isn't next to the steering wheel next to the brake pedal under the dash.

Can anyone help me locate it?

There should be a fuse panel under the steering column near the emergency brake.

There is also a fuse panel in the engine compartment with lots of fuses for various things. On my RV (e450 V-10) it is located on the driver side front corner (closest to the grill) under the hood.

Then of course there is the fuse panel in the RV house section and that is often times located near the rear bed or under the dinette.

Good luck!
Chris
San Jose, CA
Own two 2015 Thor Majestic 28a Class C RVs

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
mikestanton wrote:
Access panel? Is there an access panel in the "footwell". Do I need to look up under the dash to find it? Thank you so much for the help.

It might not look like a conventional cover but the fuse box does have tabs on the front that you can lift off the front part.

Squat down and use a flashlight , as you look at the brake pedal, its to the left of the pedal on the firewall.

mikestanton
Explorer
Explorer
Access panel? Is there an access panel in the "footwell". Do I need to look up under the dash to find it? Thank you so much for the help.

DaButcher
Explorer
Explorer
mikestanton wrote:
I have a 2004 29" Gulfstream on a E450 chassis. It has the V-10 motor. I can't find the interior fuse block, lights AC, etc.

That's where my 2001 fuse panel is located. Did you take off the access cover?

https://youtu.be/SgR0EDRlrRs
2021 Freelander 31MB Class C

NRA Life Member

mikestanton
Explorer
Explorer

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
I got if off with a good bit of effort!! I had to remove one of the outside panels on the lower right side of the dash to get clearance to slide it out. It is heavier than I realized. Thanks again for the information.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
If it hasn't been off for a while you may have to give a really good pull on it esp. if any coffee or sugary beverages have been spilled
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

dennislanier
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. I will take another shot at it when I get a chance and see how it goes.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
As I recall from mine, the top has to pivot out from the dash and then the bottom lifts away once the top part is clear. It is a bit of a tight fit, and not the easiest thing to remove or get back in place (the latter doubly so for me as there are a few wires that want to droop down in the gasket area and need to be held out of the way).

kginder
Explorer
Explorer
2 on the top left/right. 2 on the floor left/right. That's it. It might be kinda stuck so giver' a good tug.