Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/16 06:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DH and I had taken our girls to Asheville for some spring break activities on Friday and decided to stay overnight in a HOTEL!!! I wanted to take a look at a camper at the Camping World outside of Asheville that I really liked.

We are in need of a little more room and we got a bigger truck last year, so....

When we got there, there were a couple of sales people outside with other couples. One of them passed us by as he was hurrying into the store. Did not speak, did not even acknowledge us.

We walked to inside, checked out some items on display, wandered around the front of the showroom, checked out a new Montana that was inside and I LOVED it! It was exactly the floorplan I wanted. Sat down outside waiting on someone to come by.....didn't happen. Finally went to the front and waited for the "greeter" to finish popping popcorn and asked where the fifth wheels were located outside. She pointed us in the right direction, so off we went. While waiting on DD to go to the bathroom, a sales person came outside to have a cigarette and again, not a single word.

We walked EVERY fifth wheel and sat down on the back bumper of one that we were interested in. We waited and waited. No one ever came by.

We were there for one hour, 50 minutes and finally, I had enough and told DH and both DDs to head out. On our way through the store, I found out why no one was outside helping customers.....someone was there with a little puppy dog and everybody was ooohhhing and aaahhhing about how cute the little puppy was. (It was, but......)

Anyway, I figured I would give them a chance since they had what I wanted, but apparently, I didn't have whatever they were looking for. On our way home, we stopped at our closest RV center. They didn't have the floorplan we want, but I had 3 different sales people speak to me to make sure we were being taken care of.

I have never had a bad experience in a Camping World and thought all the grouches on here were really overstating the problems, but I guess I was living in Lala land.

Now I'm over it.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/16 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Are you sure it was an hour and fifty minutes?
Unfortunately too many `sales' people think that they just have a job instead of a profession and sometimes the results are as indicated.
However, if they had the rig you really wanted I would go back there and get someone to take care of you. The goal is to get an RV that will fit your camping lifestyle not to `win' a bad situation by leaving and never coming back.
My uneducated Aunt used to say `Don't spite your nose to face the facts'!

* This post was edited 04/02/16 06:27pm by Dick_B *

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

IDman

colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/16 06:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Customers buy where they are welcome and return to where they are appreciated!!!

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mountains in SW VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/16 07:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dick B, yes, it was an hour and 50 minutes because my youngest daughter asked what time it was when we got there and how long we were going to stay. She had other "want to do's".

They are not the only dealers that handle this brand, so I will just search out another dealer.

They are over 3 hours away, so I won't be doing another "swing by" to their lot.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/16 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is no way I would go back to that CW. I think they made it obvious they were not interested in dealing with you.

Can you imagine the service you would receive after they get your money?

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/16 08:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar experience at a Tucson GMC dealer. I made sure the sales manager was aware of my dissatisfaction prior to leaving their lot. He seemed not to care. Perhaps they had met their sales quota for the month? Too many lazy people selling cars and RV's.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/02/16 08:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Merrykalia,

I am so sorry to hear all this, I am sending a ticket the appropriate department to follow up with you if you need to, hopefully we can assist you better here, if you would send us a private message with a good contact number we will reach out to you as soon as possible. I am Joe from the Rapid Response team

DutchmenSport

Between Anderson, Pendleton, & Lapel, Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/02/16 09:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find it interesting that people complain when a sales person approaches them, and then others complain when they don't.

I, personally, don't like being hit-up by a sales person the instant I step out of my car. But, when I'm ready to ask questions, I'm glad when they are available.

Maybe if the OP would have gone up and asked the one who was smoking for help, the situation might have turned out different.

DutchmenSport

2019 Montana High Country 375FL Fifth Wheel
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually

2 Dachshunds, 1 cat, 2 even older folks now, but still lots of love!

bob34787

winter garden

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/16 03:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

they did you a great favor, buy from another dealer.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 03:57am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If OP had smiled and ask anyone working in the business for help, she probably would have been overrun with salespeople. Having been in sales all my life, I know you don't eat if you don't sale. People go to a business looking for reasons to complain and if they work hard enough they will eventually find those reasons. I bet anyone of the salespeople playing with the puppy could find time to make a few dollars if just asked. [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS