Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
flipper2222

Johnson City,TN

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had the exact experience at the same Asheville/Hendersonville store. We ended up buying our new camper at another Good Sam. We were passing through later and decided to stop. I had "stuff" in my arms to buy and the person would not wait on me because she was talking to someone. You could tell it was not related to camping. When I kept giving her dirty looks and put my stuff on the counter because my arms were tired. She motioned for me to go to another person that was working at a snails pace. He then gave her a dirty look. I left what I still had in my arms on the counter and left. I will never go back!! This happened every time we ever stopped. We decided to try again since Camping World took over hoping it would be better. It was NOT!

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 05:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don,t buy from CW ,just because of the post on this site,they all can,t be wrong,maybe marcus needs some secert shoppers on his pay roll.

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/16 06:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

I find it interesting that people complain when a sales person approaches them, and then others complain when they don't.

I, personally, don't like being hit-up by a sales person the instant I step out of my car. But, when I'm ready to ask questions, I'm glad when they are available.

Maybe if the OP would have gone up and asked the one who was smoking for help, the situation might have turned out different.

Well said who would sit there and wait for someone to come not me

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
324 Campgrounds,73K miles driven in our motor homes and 1558 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

afrescop

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 06:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My repsonse to a possible call from CW would be to tell them "See that front door? Well, once I left through it I was history".

I had a terrible buying experience a few years back at the CW of Houston. It took the personal intervention of Marcus to make it somewhat right. But since Marcus has become MIA here that isn't going to happen.

Do yourselves a favor and check out another dealer, maybe even one three hours away. You will save yourselves more grief.

rockhillmanor

On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 07:22am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'll take the sales hounds climbing all over me at a dealership any day rather than no one at all wanting to assist me.

I can always tell the hounds that I am 'just looking' to hold them at bay, at least knowing that when I am ready they WILL be there to help.

You can count me in as a customer at a CW that tried REAL HARD to buy one of their units but no one wanted to help me. I was a cash buyer and would have been an out the door, slam dunk quick sale, quick commission.

The last salesman I tried to lasso that day said "those units are way over there and I am not going to walk that far to show it to you", you go and look at it and get back to me if you like it. [emoticon] Wauconda, IL CW steer clear of that one!

* This post was edited 04/03/16 07:28am by rockhillmanor *

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

abc40kids

Dale City,Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/16 07:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I own a retail store selling tires, wheels and everything aftermarket includes RV accessories. My guys don't bombard the customers in the parking lot but also don't just hang behind the counter until the customer decides to make contact. The customer is there for something so greet them at the door and see if you can help them! If everyone is busy at least give them a hello we'll be right with you.

Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our new Golden ) and Bruno the Pug
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually 4x4 crew cab,ATX wheels with Nitto Dura Grapplers and Banks exhaust.

Sam Spade

North Central Florida

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 08:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

I have never had a bad experience in a Camping World and thought all the grouches on here were really overstating the problems, but I guess I was living in Lala land.

I've been in our local CW maybe a dozen times in the last 2 years and almost always spend a few minutes in the "new showroom" side of the building, looking inside at least one or two units.

In all that time, I have not ONCE been approached by a sales person.

This is quite different than a policy of not bothering people who are obviously just browsing. I don't know how these people stay in business.

1968mooney

Fl.

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 09:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sam Spade wrote:

Merrykalia wrote:

I have never had a bad experience in a Camping World and thought all the grouches on here were really overstating the problems, but I guess I was living in Lala land.

I've been in our local CW maybe a dozen times in the last 2 years and almost always spend a few minutes in the "new showroom" side of the building, looking inside at least one or two units.

In all that time, I have not ONCE been approached by a sales person.

This is quite different than a policy of not bothering people who are obviously just browsing. I don't know how these people stay in business.

They stay in business by "selling" RV's. Maybe you do not present yourself as a prospective customer or maybe they have notified the local dealerships who the naysayers are in each area and they are told to ignore you. [emoticon]

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 04/03/16 09:16am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello flipper2222 and rockhillmanor,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry you had this experience. If you could please send us your contact information via private message, I would like to have someone reach out. Thank you.

Elizabeth
Marcus Rapid Response Team

OH48Lt

Whitehouse, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/03/16 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a similar experience at the local Menards two days ago. Bought some sheet goods and had to drive around back to get them loaded up. The guard at the gate alerted the yard staff via radio that I was heading to gate 15. Normally I would have loaded them myself, but all the ones they had out were damaged and I needed a forklift to get a new bundle from the rack above. Nobody showed up, we waited and waited, nobody around. I finally got tired of that, found the store phone number on the receipt, and called them. They had a manager out there in about 3 minutes. Got what I needed and left.

I wonder what would happen if you had called the store from your location. That shouldn't ever need to happen. Since it was CW, the person answering the phone would probably just blow it off and not tell a manager.

2011 Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Bad experience at CW - Asheville, NC
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS