cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Fryer

Go_Dogs
Explorer
Explorer
These Air Fryers seem to be the appliance du jour. Anyone here have one? What do you think?
12 REPLIES 12

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Love our Air Fryer. Fish is my favorite out of it.

When we camp though, the NuWave Oven is our choice to take.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

LorenzoMorris
Explorer
Explorer
read your post, I can advise ***Link Removed***https://bestairfryer.reviews/chefman-air-fryer/ an excellent site where you can buy deep fryers and high-quality

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Philips model. Not impressed. Taste is OK. Cleanup is a nightmare. Build quality is so-so........
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I was so happy to get rid of my small deep fryer. What a mess that was to clean up.

I find red potato fries very acceptable from the air fryer. Flat iron steaks turn out great also.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

steveksfc
Explorer
Explorer
We use Olive Oil that comes in a spray can and just give what needs a little oil a quick shot, Shake before putting in to mix and then about half way through give another quick shake. Works great for us and tastes are on par with what we get out of a deep oil fryer.

davidmilleerr
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, for me, initially, I thought it was a very useful gadget and it's healthier than deep frying.. But cleaning is nightmare! It is not true that it does not use oil. If you are cook using fresh ingredients, you'll still need oil. The "no need to use oil" is just for processed food like nuggets, chicken rolls, etc. Fries somehow don't taste good with air fryer.

ford_coupe
Explorer
Explorer
we bought emeril lagasse unit,love it. have done steakin it filet mignon tips best steak i've had in a long time,mozzarella stick,cheese balls,did up calzones last night excellant. easy clean up

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Zucchini, mushrooms and anything that can be done in an oven or deep fryer. Only criteria is the food has to fit in the basket.
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
So what other foods besides fries and chicken wings do you use this unit for?

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Chefman 2.5 Liter Air Fryer (Boscovs $80). My wife and I love it. It's great for chicken wings.

We found it's difficult to buy frozen pre-breaded seafood that isn't mostly breading. Even Sams Club frozen seafood has too much breading.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

tplife
Explorer
Explorer
Bought the highly-touted Phillips Airfryer model to replace a broken Farberware 4-qt. deep fryer. We were very disappointed in the finished product as far as taste and texture, the limitations on types of food that can be prepared in them, and sent the thing right back to BB & Beyond for a Breville 4-qt deep fryer. Back in happyland now, lol!

*DISCLAIMER: Trophy wife is a gourmet cook and we eat a variety of homemade asian and latin dishes made from scratch. We are very demanding, YMMV.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Big Boss air fryer. Works great, DW loves it.
Get one, I think you will like it.