Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: What's a decent battery charger?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> What's a decent battery charger?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
landyacht318

Near a large body of salty water

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/16 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

60Mm computer fans come in 10 15 and 20Mm thicknesses

I cannot find the CFM rating of your Xinruilian RDH6020S

http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g36/c15/........12_Volt_Fans-60mm_x_10mm_Fans-Page1.html

I once mounted a 60MM fan on the exterior of a schumacher that came with a very loud 40mm Fan. Still there, still works

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/16 08:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Going back to your original question I just saw a nice 40 amp battery charger at West Marine for $130. If I did not already have the 40 amp B&D I would consider this one or the Stanley 40 amp charger.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/16 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For $130 an old fashioned wheel shop charger can be had. But 60% of the space inside is needless waste. Sitting on my bench is a rectified correctly Schmucker 10-amp charger. For today's project. The auto repair shop owner would like me to install a fan. I have the perfect choice already mounted. It's a 70mm fan with a .5 amp draw. It really pushes out the air. Going to also stick a tiny fan somewhere inside to stir things up. He has a stack of failed electronic chargers. Dack & Blecker, Sears, Schmucker. They all have bad irreplaceable mea ing not avaiable control boards. The Sears was eight months lut of warranty. I telephoned Sears USA repair parts. Eventually learned return warranty chargers are SCRAPPED HERE IN THE USA. And a replacement is sent out. It would be exactly the same thing for any other electronic charger. Eat vegan, recycle plastic bags and poison landfills with horridly poisonous electronics.

Mr Sanctamonious is now going to have breakfast then fix that REPAIRABLE battery charger. Pfffttt!

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/31/16 10:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I found a fan with the same dimensions. Too cheap?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-PIN-WIRE-Brushless-DC-Fan-11-Blade-12V-60mm-x-60-mmx20mm-NEW-6020S-/251086577808?hash=item3a75ed2090:g:qJwAAMXQdGJRypiY

This one is only 10 mm thick but says "ball bearing". Have to pay shipping from Poland.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/DELTA-EFB0612MA-FAN-12VDC-0-15A-60MM-BALL-BEARING-/220759464893?hash=item33664a1bbd:g:IIMAAOSw14xWIXOa

2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

Harvey51

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/21 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2004 Ford courtesy light in cab stays on all night, need a boost every morning.
It is supposed to go out if the light switch is turned to half way but this one never goes out unless I disconnect the battery.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - "Harvey51" in Alberta !!

Quantum Leap (by you), your post from...

10-31-16

To next - dated.....

7-28-21 !!

[emoticon]

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 07/31/21 09:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Harvey51 wrote:

2004 Ford courtesy light in cab stays on all night, need a boost every morning.
It is supposed to go out if the light switch is turned to half way but this one never goes out unless I disconnect the battery.

Common problem, often caused by the door switch which is located inside the door latch that starts to stick on.

Sometimes freed by squirting some WD-40 into the latch on the door. Sometimes the entire latch must be replaced.

Ironically however the vehicles body control module should be timing out the light after 15 minutes.. May have issue with the body control module, on some Fords this module is integrated into the top of the fuse box located underside of the drivers side dash..

The problem of the Body control is often traced back to your windshield leaking on the driverside, the windshield just happens to be directly over top of the body control module!

If body control malfunctions, don't be surprised to have other things like radio, windshield wipers and fan motor to act up..

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> What's a decent battery charger?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.