Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Too Many Choices For Newcomer
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Too Many Choices For Newcomer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
VOZ

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SoundGuy wrote:

VOZ wrote:

too late, I already own it,,,
Rode home just fine, considering I forget to hook up my brake controller ..

The true test is once the trailer is fully loaded & ready to camp with everyone in the truck, along with any cargo you may carry in the back of the truck. Congrats and good luck with it. [emoticon]

Thank You!

I can pull 6500lb with my Tacoma. When I hooked it up, it sagged very little.. Going out tomorrow, will be loaded. I'll report back my findings...

SoundGuy

S Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VOZ wrote:

too late, I already own it,,,
Rode home just fine, considering I forget to hook up my brake controller ..

SoundGuy wrote:

The true test is once the trailer is fully loaded & ready to camp with everyone in the truck, along with any cargo you may carry in the back of the truck. Congrats and good luck with it. [emoticon]

VOZ wrote:

I can pull 6500lb with my Tacoma. When I hooked it up, it sagged very little.. Going out tomorrow, will be loaded. I'll report back my findings...

By "6500 lbs" I assume you're referring to your Tacy's trailer tow rating ... if so, that doesn't mean you can tow any trailer actually weighing that much but that the total weight of everything, not just the trailer, can be as much as 6500 lbs. However, even if you towed anywhere near that you'd be towing at 100% capacity of the vehicle which most don't find particularly pleasant. Good luck! [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Too Many Choices For Newcomer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS