Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How do you get used to such a small bed?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> How do you get used to such a small bed?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
RayandShawn

NWI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/16 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are not big people, but we are not skinny minnie's either and in our S&B we have a king bed. In the old class a, we had a queen. How in the world are we going to adjust to such a small bed for 3 months? It is only for 3 months, but I love my bed space. Ray (DH) thinks that if I could have a double king I would! LOL. I'm also worried about the wide, separated sections of the sofa when unfolded out like a bed because I have a bad back and can hardly get up most mornings (once I'm up moving around, my back is better). I did buy a foam topper in hopes that it will be enough to kinda cover the sections that seem like canyons.

We were watching an RV show last night and those RV's had the bigger beds and it got us to worrying, he started thinking maybe we should have really considered that sofa bed more, but I said we didn't want the bigger RV's, we wanted the convenience of this class B, we don't have to worry about a tow and we can go way more places and it's 22mpg! I told him that we have to use it for the next couple of years and then we will decide if we want bigger, we have to use this one first.

The class B is new to us (bought used), bought it back in September and unfortunately have not had a chance to use it. So last night I told my husband to turn the heat on in it, we are going to driveway camp to try it out. We could have done that sooner, but, when he took it to the local Ace hardware store to have the propane filled, ugh, well, come to find out, their tanks were low, they over filled it and didn't purge it as they filled it. So, needless to say, the generator wouldn't stay running. Had to take it to the local RV shop and he was so busy he couldn't get to it for a couple of weeks and then it was another 2 weeks when he did get to it, so $600 later, we have it back and waiting to hear from Ace to pay us for that bill!

But now the Silver Bullet is back and ready to head southwest (fingers crossed) the day after Christmas. But, man, that bed.

Ray and Shawn
2015 Winnebago Era 70C

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/16 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

its called camping you,ll get used to it, but I,d like to know what the rv dealer did that cost $600. to fix your propane? and if the store did not purge the tank there,d have been a air bubble in the tank.just curious. me thinks the rv dealer ripped you off.enjoy your rv, there lots of fun.

chast

Marlton, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/16 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi--DW and I have a Roadtrek 170 and the beds don't come any smaller than what we have in it! At first, we, like you we said it was just too small, but after a few nights of getting used to it, we now find it quite comfortable. Believe me, when you get tired enough, you will sleep and be glad for it. Give your new digs a chance. As the old ad said, try it, you'll like it! Good luck and happy travels.

[email protected]

RayandShawn

NWI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/16 05:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They took the generator out and hooked it up to their propane and it ran fine, the regulator had to be replaced, and it caused a problem with the stove. They had to empty the tanks and clean out all the gunk that was in there, reinstall the gen, took else where to refill. They charge $120 an hour, why? because apparently they can.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/16 06:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree they sure got a guy when we have to go in for repairs. I do most all my own work, and I,m real lucky we have a small mom pop rv repair shop close by. but heres a tip next time you need some thing done you can,t handle call a mobile rv tech . they come to you and most are very informed on repairs and a lot cheaper. they,ll even let you watch and learn. good camping.

Dick_B

Palos Heights, IL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/16 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FYI, a double bed for two people provides space for each person narrower than a baby's crib!

Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Snowman9000

IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/16 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, my wife and I would not be able to use a 52 inch wide bed like the 70C has. I'm not that fond of the 60 inch wide one in our Class C, because of the walls on each side.

My RV bed preference is twin beds. That way each person has room to toss and turn, can get up in the night, hang their arm over the edge, whatever.

2014 Sunseeker 2300 Class C (Chevy 4500)

mumkin

Chanhassen, MN/Mesa, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/16 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RayandShawn wrote:

They took the generator out and hooked it up to their propane and it ran fine, the regulator had to be replaced, and it caused a problem with the stove. They had to empty the tanks and clean out all the gunk that was in there, reinstall the gen, took else where to refill. They charge $120 an hour, why? because apparently they can.

Your signature says this is a 2015? How the heck could it have accumulated any gunk anywhere?? You got screwed... but then you knew that. I'd say time to find a new RV service place. Live and learn...

I would also recommend that you look at something with twin beds if you find that this doesn't work for you this winter. The Winnebago Travato on the Promaster has a twin floor plan.

Mumkin
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

omjones

Stoney Point, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/30/16 11:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have found a great way to make a bed feel big enough... Snuggle. 8-)
john 'I am Canadian'

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/30/16 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reminds me of the Fred Eaglesmith song:

Well I know you're used to them little sports jobs with a console in between,
Full-face leather, fancy headrest, a pocket for your cold cream.
I know you're used to staring at the window watching the world go by.
Well it's a different kind of automobile. It's a different kind of ride.
It's got a bench seat baby.
You don't have to sit over there.

Just snuggle in close and enjoy!

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class B - Camping Van Conversions  >  General Topics

> How do you get used to such a small bed?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class B - Camping Van Conversi...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS