cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Host Mammoth

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
A couple weeks ago I phoned in an order. (After a few weeks of negotiating) My wife and I have been in a few of them. This will be out 3rd TC and our 8th RV. 4 MH 24, 34, 40 and 45 ft. 2 other TC and a 5th wheel.

We always have a MH and a TC at the same time. Now it is a 5th wheel and TC. They get used for diff things.

Didn't get a lot of options. I feel I can do a better job with the batts, inverter, and the TV's.

Ordered, double couch, leather or what passes for leather on both.
3 slides are now standard, no choice, thats what I was told.
micro/convection
sealed burner top
upgraded escape hatch
9k btu AC
gas electric hot water
swing out brackets, they should be standard.
power awning.

It is prob diff from what most people would order but we have ben camping traveling for a long time. I will add 4 or 6 6v batts and a 3k inverter. I also have a pair of honda 2 k gen.
I will only carry 1. I don;t think they have started the build. I was told it would be in around the end of Jan. Looking forward to it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride
548 REPLIES 548

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Wikel wrote:
zb39 wrote:
Thank you Bedlam for posting my pics.

**** nice Jeep there Zb39

Thank you, We are really looking forward to flat towing it.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
Ste7of1 wrote:
They look nice for on truck usage, but,do they work with camper off-truck and lowered to appropriate level?

They can be used with the camper off the truck and lowered. The stair treads will overlap more and the step height between treads will be compressed.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
zb39 wrote:

**** nice Jeep there Zb39

Wikel
Explorer
Explorer
brholt wrote:
Wikel wrote:
Decent delay for F550 add to that it's a Lariat. Additional delays due to 68M payload upgrade part constraint. Finally shipping to West coast.

Good luck. When I ordered my F350 Ford "lost it". Stuck it on the train to the west coast and it disappeared. No one knew where it was. Finally showed up a month later.

Ugh! I didn't want to read that :S lol

Ste7of1
Explorer
Explorer
They look nice for on truck usage, but,do they work with camper off-truck and lowered to appropriate level?

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I really like the way they look. NICE job!!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
I used the 6-step 25" wide Torklift GlowStep Revolution A8106 along with the Adapter Bracket A8022 and two pieces of band steel to interface the Host to Torklift. You can Google these part numbers to get the best price and any big box hardware store has the band steel.

https://www.torklift.com/rv/glowstep-revolution

The same from Sherptek ready to bolt on is about $750, so you have to decide if you want cut two bands to size and drill four holes in each or just buy a full ready made kit.

https://sherptek.com/buyonline/glowstepadapterkit

If you are looking at retail pricing, the Sherptek kit is less expensive. If you are handy with basic tools and good at finding Internet deals and discounts, you can save about $100 off their price. I sold my used folding 4-step assembly locally for $125 which also can help offset the price of this upgrade.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam put up my pics of the bumper and winch I put on my truck a few months ago. The bumper and winch on the jeep just happened this past weekend. Hoping to get my fridge installed this weekend.

Bedlam, those stairs are awesome. Brand, cost, etc please!
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
Bedlam wrote:
A pickup is 2.5-3’ from the bottom of bed to the ground. A flatbed is 3-3.5’ from the ground. Host uses a 4-step folding assembly and has not found a taller one (neither have I). I need to devote some time with Torklift engineering, but my full time work is getting in the way.

I installed the steps this past summer without any modifications to the camper other than an access hole in the propane compartment to the original mounting hardware.

Cross bars need to be added between the stairs and camper to line up mounting locations properly. Sherptek now makes custom brackets for the Host application.

https://sherptek.com/buyonline/glowstepadapterkit

The depth available is 11" for the stairs, so they stick out about 1" from the wall when stowed.

Full height adjustment is possible on the top and bottom.

Bedlam
zb39 wrote:
Ordered my new toad for the camper. 2019 Jeep JL 2 door rubicon. Going to put a rock hard bumper and winch on it and setup for flat towing. Also ARB fridge etc in the back.
I still can't get pics to load of my buckstop and winch on the truck.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Bedlam
zb39 wrote:
My jeep showed up on friday. Now to get everything installed.

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Ste7of1 wrote:
zb39 wrote:
My jeep showed up on friday. Now to get everything installed.

...didn’t seem to show up here.

Your right, I can't get pics to load.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wikel wrote:
Decent delay for F550 add to that it's a Lariat. Additional delays due to 68M payload upgrade part constraint. Finally shipping to West coast.

Good luck. When I ordered my F350 Ford "lost it". Stuck it on the train to the west coast and it disappeared. No one knew where it was. Finally showed up a month later.