Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Ordered Host Mammoth
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ordered Host Mammoth

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 54  
Prev  |  Next
zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/18 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Spearfisherman71 wrote:

I just installed a set of 5 step torklifts on my 2017 mammoth this past weekend. It was a super tight fit and I can only use the top two height adjustments because of it, which, the lower would make the top step too long of a step anyway. I think at the second notch it made the top step either 12" or 14", can't remember exactly. It was so tight I had to modify the step hardware a little. If it was on a flatbed you definatly want to go with 6 steps. The seem to work good but I haven't actually made a trip with them yet.

Do you have pics of this??

Tiffin Zephyr(sold)
Artic Fox 1150 slide(sold)
2011 DRW 3500 Crewcab Longhorn( sold)
2016 RAM Laramie Limited DRW crew cab(sold)
2017 Host mammoth
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2018 RAM 5500 CM bed
2019 2 door Rubicon ordered

Spearfisherman71

French Settlement, Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/18 01:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

Spearfisherman71 wrote:

I just installed a set of 5 step torklifts on my 2017 mammoth this past weekend. It was a super tight fit and I can only use the top two height adjustments because of it, which, the lower would make the top step too long of a step anyway. I think at the second notch it made the top step either 12" or 14", can't remember exactly. It was so tight I had to modify the step hardware a little. If it was on a flatbed you definatly want to go with 6 steps. The seem to work good but I haven't actually made a trip with them yet.

Do you have pics of this??

Not yet. Waiting until it’s loaded on the truck next time.

Bigfeets

Paso Robles, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/18 12:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looking forward to some pics of those stairs. Thanks!!

What are some of the customizations that Host will do for the Mammoth? I'm sure there a a lot!

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bigfeets wrote:

Looking forward to some pics of those stairs. Thanks!!

What are some of the customizations that Host will do for the Mammoth? I'm sure there a a lot!

Host will do almost anything if you tell them in time. I would have your list ready when you place your order.

Wikel

Kansas City

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/18 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

Host will do almost anything if you tell them in time. I would have your list ready when you place your order.

I'd tend to disagree. #1 if it doesn't affect the production line. #2 if it doesn't affect electrical or some type of safety system. #3 even deleting things causes a cascade of impacts. Like if you don't want the convertor, inverter, etc... that changes a lot of wiring. #4 just because they will do something, what's the cost. Be prepared to pay what would seem like a premium for such an option change.

Best to try to find ways to do some things yourself and only absolutely approach them on things that could not be retrofit easily later.

Good luck

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/18 06:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got my bumper and winch on. I didn't have time to get the lights mounted.[image][image]

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/18 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ordered my new toad for the camper. 2019 Jeep JL 2 door rubicon. Going to put a rock hard bumper and winch on it and setup for flat towing. Also ARB fridge etc in the back.
I still can't get pics to load of my buckstop and winch on the truck.

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/29/18 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

a few weeks ago in Joshua Tree with older concept.

[image]

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/18 10:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mike/kellie wrote:

zb39 wrote:

a few weeks ago in Joshua Tree with older concept.

[image]

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was only there once, would like to get back. It rained hard the day we were there and the temp dropped to 40. It was in July, ranger said it hadn't rained for 7 months. I have always had very poor timing!!

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/18 11:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last month, we parked the car in the trailer and took off for a week-long trip. I bought the trailer with enough capacity to haul a car and not just my toys. There was enough room up front to carry bicycles and the engine was forward of the trailer axles. It worked out better for me than outfitting a car that could be flat towed and I'm already used to the trailer.

[image]

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate 20' Car Carrier-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW 1200sp

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 54  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Ordered Host Mammoth
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS