Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Update: Link to Goodyear Endurance ST Range D tires

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
UPDATE 2/13/17: The company has posted some info about the tire:

Endurance info

I have found a few news stories about a new line of Goodyear ST trailer tires, the Goodyear Endurance. (By the way, I'm well aware of the ongoing "discussion" of ST vs. LT tires. I choose to run ST tires. Other people's opinions may differ, and many of those people are very bright and well-informed. I doubt that there's any reason to renew that debate in this thread. So if you are an LT person, you can probably save yourself some tedium and ignore this thread.) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyway, my question is this โ€“ I've done some fairly strenuous googling, and I've come up empty. Can anyone find a link to a Goodyear site giving the specs for this new tire? Is it commercially available at this time? I've heard that they will offer it in load range D โ€“ if they have range D in a 14 inch tire, I would be very interested in that product. By the way, I've also heard that these tires are going to be made in the USA, which is encouraging.

In case you're wondering why I would run range D tires on such a small trailer, we do about 10,000 miles of towing a year, and the news reports say that the Goodyear Endurance is capable of higher speeds than the Goodyear Marathon. I don't know if that's true, but it would be nice to be able to go over 65 (on a downhill with the wind behind me), in states in which it's legal to tow at that speed.

Also, because we do so much rough road towing (both at slow speeds on forest roads and at high speeds on the terrible California freeways), I am always on the lookout for a more robust ST tire.

Thanks in advance for your superior Google skills!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
15 REPLIES 15

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Huntindog wrote:
camperforlife wrote:
I've got about 3K on a set of Endurance. The biggest thing I've noticed is they do an excellent job of holding air. They were installed in June and still at the original PSI, something that I've never been able to accomplish with other trailer tires.
It is absolutely incredible that ST tire owners are talking about how well their tires hold air.:S

Pretty pathetic but true.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
camperforlife wrote:
I've got about 3K on a set of Endurance. The biggest thing I've noticed is they do an excellent job of holding air. They were installed in June and still at the original PSI, something that I've never been able to accomplish with other trailer tires.
It is absolutely incredible that ST tire owners are talking about how well their tires hold air.:S
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer

edcooke
Explorer
Explorer
After blowing 3 Marathons on a trip this spring and wiping out the propane lines, I am done with Marathons and have no confidence in the new Endurance made in the USA. Therefore, I am switching from ST235 80 R16 to LT235 85 R16. G rated and 14 ply with a R speed rating made by Goodyear for trucks and 5th wheels in the USA. They are about 1 inch larger in diameter.Google G614! They require 110psi so I crawled under the rig to check the pressure requirement stamped on the rims. They are good for 110psi. My friend bought the same size Road Lux tires made in China at half the price I paid for the Goodyears. I don't trust the China junk and wanted to buy American to keep our people working. Peace of mind comes at a cost but now I can travel without the worries of the tires.

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My nephew has a X139 he pulls with a 1500 chevy 4x4. He and his girl friend travel all over the back roads in NM/CO and UT. Thier into back country hiking/rock hounds photo taking for her business.
He uses P tires on his single axle unit as he travels at max legal speeds up to 75 mph.

I kept 14" and 15" P tires on a 10' single axle cargo trailers I used as a off road jobsite tool trailers.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking at the link, I can see that they make Load Range D for 14 inch tires, which is a new development -- I believe that Marathons in 14 inch only go up to Range C. And they run at 65 psi, instead of 50 psi, which is what Marathons run at.

I am going to do more checking before I get my dealer involved, but this looks promising.
About our trailer

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
coolbreeze01 wrote:
trail-explorer wrote:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Endurance

Well done.

Thank You . may need tires next summer. looking forward to upcoming reviews.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Endurance

Well done.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:
Thanks, NYCgrrl! I filled out the form -- let's see what develops. My local dealer has not yet heard anything about this tire, which is not a good sign.

You're welcome.
Hope you come back with some good news:).

Atlee
Explorer
Explorer
I filled out the request also. However, I'm not holding much hope for information on the rumored new tire. I looked at the tires they have available for the RV industry, and there was no mention of the Endurance.

NYCgrrl wrote:
Goodyear Brochure Request
click the link you'll find on that page and it'll take you to another page. Imput your info and you'll get a call you back.

HTH
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, NYCgrrl! I filled out the form -- let's see what develops. My local dealer has not yet heard anything about this tire, which is not a good sign.
About our trailer

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Goodyear Brochure Request
click the link you'll find on that page and it'll take you to another page. Imput your info and you'll get a call you back.

HTH

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
My contact said these newly designed tires would be much improved over the Marathon and made in USA.
Said mostly E rated but no actual details.