cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Getting medicine while FT

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
My better half put up a question to me about how she will get her medicine every 3mo and have blood work done every 6mo for that medicine. She also gets botox shot every 3 mo for her eye. I imagine we will be using a mail provider service then but not sure how that would work with the fact that the meds she gets every 3mo come refrigerated. Anyone else in a similar situation or have any ideas?
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP
20 REPLIES 20

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
How about medical? Only the right faculty must be chosen. Would you like to be treated by a doctor who does not like work, but works only for money? I donโ€™t, therefore I want to clearly understand is this profession for me or not. I am not afraid of blood, and it seems to me that I would easily do tests. By the way, I once gave my grandmother an injection and everything was fine. I read something on this site https://www.becomeopedia.com/blood-splatter-analyst/, but can you add information and tell something else?

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
daved9664 wrote:
Eat healthy and cut out the meds!

All situations are not caused by diet. This is very poor advice to say to stop taking the prescribed meds! You don't know the background.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
daved9664 wrote:

I was in a similar situation. In stead of making your body tolerate your current diet, and eating meds that "maintain" your body, change it all!

Eat more raw veggies, less meat, less bread, and get juicing!

Youll feel 25 again. Promise.

Went through tons of health problems till i realized it was my diet.

You got your Ph.D. in biochemistry from what school?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

daved9664
Explorer
Explorer

I was in a similar situation. In stead of making your body tolerate your current diet, and eating meds that "maintain" your body, change it all!

Eat more raw veggies, less meat, less bread, and get juicing!

Youll feel 25 again. Promise.

Went through tons of health problems till i realized it was my diet.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great replies!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
2018 Raptor 428SP

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
We order mess by mail and when I place the 90 day supply, I have the option to change the address, so easy as pie. No problems.

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
We have used Walmart in the past now use CVS they have stores all over the country. All they have to do is look up your script and transfer it to that location. Pretty seamless. We do our scripts for 90 days and get 3 refills a year. Also I can call my doctor and tell him where to call in the script and it is done. Lab work in done at Quest or Lab Corp. again doctor sends the orders to you and bingo get it done.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it is pretty easy with mail order - they remind you about 30 days before your refill runs out, so you have plenty of time to get it in. We do 90 days at a time and over the years we have accumulated enough so that we have an extra 3 months on hand for almost all of our scripts.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ๐Ÿ™‚
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
"If a person is in the habit of not refilling a prescription until the last onhand dose has been taken, mail order pharmacies and traveling will take a new mindset."

I've figured out that if I'm within about 7-10 days of running out, I can do a refill at the local Walgreens. Not sure I could make a mail order pharmacy work too well, but we all gotta do what we gotta do.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
When we moved our domicile to a mail service, their signup documents included a provision that they would not accept refrigerated packages. They don't have a place to store then, and the mail service knows that folks can easily go weeks or even a couple months between mail forwarding.

We usually have our mail forwarded every two weeks if we are in one area for a long time. Otherwise I try to pick a small town where we will be for at least three weekdays and have our mail forwarded to general delivery. Twice I've tried to have our mail forwarded to a post office in a large city, and both times it took a couple extra days to get the mail.

Even with a priority mail tracking number showing the package had arrived at that post office.

Almost never do I find / stay at a campground/ RV park which will accept mail. UPS and FedEx packages are easier to get most places. In populated cities there is often a local office where you can have the package delivered for pickup, or a store of some type which will accept those.

Our problem with medicine was that it is impossible to tell when our mail order pharmacy will actually send the shipment out the door. And we never get tracking info from them until two or three business days after shipment. We usually get notice of a package arrival at our mail forwarder before we get notifications that the pharmacy shipped something.

I have been able to call my mail service at 2 pm, and have them send a specific drug to us via FedEx overnight that day. We got it at 8:30 the next morning. A more expensive than normal shipment, but our fault because one of us neglected to check to make sure a prescription was refilled on time.

If a person is in the habit of not refilling a prescription until the last onhand dose has been taken, mail order pharmacies and traveling will take a new mindset.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:
I'm sure it is an insurance company requirement.

For about 6 years we had to use CVS if we didn't use mail order for a prescription. Last Dec 1, CVS was dropped and now we have to use Walgreens or Walmart.

We do have an alternate arrangement possible to get refrigerated prescriptions locally through a participating pharmacy, it just costs us a lot more. Lucky for us, the need for refrigerated drugs has ended. Our mailing service will not accept refrigerated packages to be forwarded to us later.

That's interesting, I guess when we get to that point I will ask the mail serv if they would accept and forward refrigerated items if need be. Not sure why it has to be CVS, as another posted it could be an insurance required thing.
2018 Raptor 428SP

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure it is an insurance company requirement.

For about 6 years we had to use CVS if we didn't use mail order for a prescription. Last Dec 1, CVS was dropped and now we have to use Walgreens or Walmart.

We do have an alternate arrangement possible to get refrigerated prescriptions locally through a participating pharmacy, it just costs us a lot more. Lucky for us, the need for refrigerated drugs has ended. Our mailing service will not accept refrigerated packages to be forwarded to us later.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
She has to go through CVS? That's strange. You can get prescriptions filled anywhere.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
She said hers has to go through CVS so I told she should ask them also what they do in a situation like that.
2018 Raptor 428SP