Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 204  
Prev  |  Next
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 05:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jetboater454 wrote:

And probably 450 of them not working,and 49 of them with a grainy video,and the other 1 pointed the wrong way.

Looks like enough of them were working to figure out that that thing had been there at least since Oct 2019.
I love overtime finishes when they make the white flag under green. It is ON from that point. No big one though.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Looks like enough of them were working to figure out that that thing had been there at least since Oct 2019.

LOL...and as a result the typical knee jerk reactions/actions from Nascar , and the press, passing out judgement before events are fully investigated. Its sad NASCAR allows the BLM advertising on one or any car. I have two grandsons in law enforcement, one is a large city officer (18 years) and the other is a deputy in a big county next to a large city. They deal with BLM people every day.
Another boring in car camera race from Fox sports from the get/go. So I fixed a leaking freeze proof outside spigot (not the garden hose attach point). Then finnished painting the Cub Cadet hood and other projects. Turned the TV back on and watched the last 25 laps.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 07:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From what I have been reading the last few days, NASCAR better get use to low fans in the stands and bad TV ratings.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 07:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It should be obvious that NASCAR is going to keep on operating and managing THEIR business THEIR way. IMO they are stuck with the size and configuration of racetracks which they own. Therefore, we should expect the same thing, over and over.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

LOL...and as a result the typical knee jerk reactions/actions from Nascar , and the press, passing out judgement before events are fully investigated.

Yes, ain't it a shame. The drivers and crew stood up for one of their own NOW instead of waiting to be certain there was an attack. To me more organizations should act that way.
BTW, the only way I would be interested in car racing would be if random cars where picked after the assembly line, raced, then inspected to report how well car held up to that abuse.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well we will see how the "doubleheader" and X-Finity at Pocono turns out. With the times listed for starting for the Cup it could be a replay of the last couple of weeks. Mike Joy's "pop-up showers" are very prevalent at the old water cress farm on top of the mountain. But since Fox dictates start times and about the only income FRANCECAR has in these times they have to go with it.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

YES, we will see. And, if I'm still around, I will see what NASCAR will look like one year from now. Meanwhile, I will keep up my search for traction-restricted non-wing Sprintcar racing on TV.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeff Gordon to take over HMS. Read about it here
Oops! According to date this is probably fake news.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/30/20 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Each one of the owners mentioned had a love for racing before it became a business. They never dreamed that it would become what is is today. It will be interesting to see the new NASCAR when shareholders run the teams. I can only imagine what the real estate will bring in Daytona, Charlotte, Richmond, and the California tracks etc.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 06/30/20 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right now, NASCAR racetracks and NASCAR racecar teams are stuck with each other. They are making the best of a bad situation in order to keep sponsors. Not even the drivers can 'make waves'. They need to keep their paychecks coming.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 204  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.