Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 128  
Prev  |  Next
bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/18 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could Comcast be a suitor for FRANCECAR?

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/18 05:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The gloves are off for now so sure, why not? Fox already owns half of the broadcast rights. Comcast could give Nascar it's own info channel.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like NASCAR, ....but not as much as I loved driving non-wing Sprint Cars on dirt tracks.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/18 10:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

The gloves are off for now so sure, why not? Fox already owns half of the broadcast rights. Comcast could give Nascar it's own info channel.

Fox gave NASCAR its own channel several years ago. After a year it turned out that there was not enough programming or viewer interest for a full time NASCAR channel. And certainly not enough advertising to make th channel pay for itself.

With two hours of NASCAR news and talk on cable each day, live coverage of almost all practices and qualifying and at least four hours of talk and news on those days, and live coverage of the top three series, many K&N races and modified races. I think NASCAR is very well covered / available today.

One other point. Estimates are that for every 5 dollars spent on TV and radio advertising, $2 becomes unavailable to teams for sponsorship.

The more broadcast programs, the less money for teams and fewer teams at all levels of NASCAR.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Sailors are essential because even Marines need heroes”

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/18 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The NEW Sponsorship Model?

Not a lot of info here, but 2 questions come to mind.

If NASCAR can't attract a long term high dollar entitlement sponsor now, how will they succeed landing a short term 'pocket change' millions sponsor for a handful of races?

The tweet says NASCAR is targeting Coca Cola. Isn't Monster a Coke owned subsidiary and Monster is heading for the exits.

With the exodus of some of the biggest corporate names as sponsors in recent years from teams, I'm left thinking the well is dry for NASCAR in that regard. And when the lucrative media rights contract ends in 2022, there goes the other shoe......

* This post was edited 06/19/18 04:15pm by thomasmnile *

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/18 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If at first you don't succeed .......................
It will be interesting to watch this all play out. I certainly am not privy to how the parent sponsor money trickles down to the teams or even if it does.
Maybe it will go the way of music where if the artists don't tour they can't make any money thanks to piracy and the likes of Spotify and others.
If the series sponsors go away and TV gives up on it somebody better darn sure be focused on getting butts back in the seats at the tracks.
Other than the Daytona 500 I rarely go to a track, and I am really close to Darlington, Charlotte, and Richmond. I can sit in my living room or a bar in air conditioned comfort and save a lot of money. We did go to the Coke Zero 400 in 2016 and liked to die from the heat.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 06:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NASCAR already has succeeded. It has run its course. What they now offer to the people is not enough. And, nobody can fix it. The "building blocks" are simply not available.
BTW it's more complicated than what most of us know.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 06:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe people are getting tired of constant bombardment of commercials. Every where we turn now, all over the phone, all over the TV, all over the internet - and it never lets up. You can't even click on a story about NASCAR or any other sport without ADS popping up and disturbing the read.

When folks don't respond to ADS, the sponsors disappear. And, I believe that is part of the issue - it's OK, or even necessary to get the ADS for revenue, I get it, we all get it. BUT, when it interrupts the program, or is plastered on every flat surface or all over the cars and fire-suits, etc - it just gets to be too much.

The teams, drivers, athletes in general have nearly priced sports out of the TV markets because it requires so many interruptions to foot that bill -- and I know, it's not always just the athletes, it's all the support staff it engages now too. Bodyguards, agents, PR reps, attorneys, Unions, water boy, uniforms washer, ball carrier, shoe fitter, medical staff, etc -- and every one wants a piece of the action.

The end component - the driver, or team, or player - gets the remains once all this other stuff is paid. SO, despite rules changes and lack of action due to more restrictive game play (in most sports, not just NASCAR) the games become less engaging, less fun, and sell products instead of allowing full enjoyment of a competition.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & JAX Fla
GMC 2500 4x4 Sierra X-Cab
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
2002 Angler 8B
Back-country camping fanatic

8.1 Van

Millstone NJ

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 10:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

The NEW Sponsorship Model?

Not a lot of info here, but 2 questions come to mind.

If NASCAR can't attract a long term high dollar entitlement sponsor now, how will they succeed landing a short term 'pocket change' millions sponsor for a handful of races?

The tweet says NASCAR is targeting Coca Cola. Isn't Monster a Coke owned subsidiary and Monster is heading for the exits.

With the exodus of some of the biggest corporate names as sponsors in recent years from teams, I'm left thinking the well is dry for NASCAR in that regard. And when the lucrative media rights contract ends in 2022, there goes the other shoe......

Monster Beverage Corporation (MNST)is not owned by Coca-Cola but might be in the future.
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/acb9aabd-c1bf-3ddb-8548-734eba114b13/monster%3A-coca-cola-takeover.html

Monster Energy is the main sponsor for Brittany Force, the 2017 NHRA Top Fuel champion.

2002 Chevy Express LS 3500 8.1 155" WB passenger van 3.73 posi (GT4/G80)
2003 Thor Citation 41-ZBSR 41ft TT

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/18 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NASCAR,...it's too much money for me to pay for a show that does not offer the type of auto racing that I prefer. However, the quality of TV coverage of the NASCAR events is great, plus it's very affordable and convenient (to watch it on TV). If NASCAR dies, I will understand the reasons.
GO KYLE BUSCH!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 128  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS