Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 120  
Prev  |  Next
monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/18 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHA

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & JAX Fla
GMC 2500 4x4 Sierra X-Cab
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
2002 Angler 8B
Back-country camping fanatic

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In ISC'S conference call with Wall Street last Thursday, the CEO blamed attendance decline on lack of star power on the track. Maybe there's something to that. No Junior on the track, that was the most sparsely attended July race I've watched. Quite the demolition derby though.....

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

In ISC'S conference call with Wall Street last Thursday, the CEO blamed attendance decline on lack of star power on the track. Maybe there's something to that. No Junior on the track, that was the most sparsely attended July race I've watched. Quite the demolition derby though.....

With talk like this, it sure is easier to convince the masses. Obviously, there's no need to attempt the explanation of the first two laws of Newtonian physics, nor their corresponding formulas. Or, how about the force vectors associated with the centrifugal force formula when applied to 3,000 lbs on a 31 degree banking. What does it take to convince anybody that these heavy car going 200 mph are simply not sufficiently steerable to put on a race. However, as long as it's profitable to promote "spectacles" instead of racing, who cares?
I did notice that my guy was not as lucky as he was in the previous race. But, who was that guy in the Friday race that came across the finish line in first place. Seems like he was just too quick to be warned about not touching the yellow lines. Bet nobody has to warn him now.

* This post was edited 07/08/18 09:49am by Cloud Dancer *

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read but took issue with the CEO'S 'lack of star power' comments. Way more than that and he knows it. KB was just one of many victims of Stenhouse Jr's 'driving'. Maybe he's still broke up over Danica punting him for Aaron Rodgers.....

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

I read but took issue with the CEO'S 'lack of star power' comments. Way more than that and he knows it. KB was just one of many victims of Stenhouse Jr's 'driving'. Maybe he's still broke up over Danica punting him for Aaron Rodgers.....

You just had to go there. I did too,...but I bet you were first..[emoticon]
OK for him to be feeling the loss, but taking it out on your fellow racers,....nasty/dirty/jealous.
Congratulations to Erik and "the Coach" and the whole #20 team!

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

You just had to go there. I did too,...but I bet you were first..[emoticon]

Had to do it Cloud! That was some low hanging fruit....[emoticon]

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud, here we go again. It is NOT the track! It is the rules that FRANCECAR has put into play, gross mismanagement, along with Fox wanting their famous "drama" several seasons ago. And what a bunch of babbling in the booth and the "crew chief's" box last night. Jr. added absolutely zero to the telecast along with "vaccinated with a phonograph needle" Burton. The double ticker at the top of the screen did a fairly good job of hiding the empty seats to the novice viewers, but when it disappeared and they went to the big block on the left side of the screen, golly, gee whiz. The highlight of the evening was the Chad Knaus interpretation, he already has an appointment made by FRANCECAR Monday AM at the Charlotte FRANCECAR headshed.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 02:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THAT'S IT! the rules are going to stay all screwed up, forever. AND, since "it is not the track!",.....what we got is what we'll get. But, I betcha we'll keep complaining,...and having different opinions. I can live with it, as long as I can go wet a line now and then.

downtheroad

Pacific Northwest

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/18 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To add to what bobsallyh posted above....
Can't for the life of me see why they moved Steve Letarte out of the booth and kept Burton. Burton blathering on and on and on...cutting in, interrupting....drove me crazy.

Jr. was ok, a little rusty and certainly a rookie. Give him some seat time and he should smooth out.

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax LBZ
Blue Ox SwayPro

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/08/18 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MIA???

Brian France has been largely absentee for several years, appearing when he deems necessary, so this isn't really news. But, he sure doesn't exhibit the same engagement as his father and grandfather did. Add to that the reported NASCAR for Sale listing, maybe the family knows it's run its course and it's time to cash out.

NBC has been hyping Junior for weeks, guess they're thinking he's the magic ratings 'bullet'. Jeff Burton? NBC equivalent of 'Jaws'.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 120  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS