Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 130  
Prev  |  Next
paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/09/18 05:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This really is true....... The combination of car and track designs makes or breaks the race. A great example is New Hampshire. Cup cars produce some of the most boring racing ever on that track, which has a design pretty much unique in NASCAR today. One mile, relatively flat with tight turns.

HOWEVER, when the NASCAR Modifieds take to that track, they produce some of the best racing I have ever seen. And they turn laps faster than the Cup cars here.

Even back when the INDYCARS ran here a few times, the races were extremely exciting for the most part.

Cloud Dancer wrote:

Yes, I can explain it. But, a proper explanation would be too long, because it's technical and complicated. A few pointers: in order to enhance the chances of producing a good racing show the ratio of length of the straight to the radius of the turns has to be optimized. Also, the degree of banking has to be complimentary. However, all of it will vary depending on the expected performance of the class of racecars that will be competing. AND THAT'S the problem: NOBODY can predict how much the performance of the racecars will be allowed to increase every year.
In a way, it's a sport that is designed for self destruction.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/09/18 08:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

MIA???

Brian France has been largely absentee for several years, appearing when he deems necessary, so this isn't really news. But, he sure doesn't exhibit the same engagement as his father and grandfather did. Add to that the reported NASCAR for Sale listing, maybe the family knows it's run its course and it's time to cash out.

NBC has been hyping Junior for weeks, guess they're thinking he's the magic ratings 'bullet'. Jeff Burton? NBC equivalent of 'Jaws'.

OH how we love to imagine that there is ONE person who has the power and know-how to solve such complex problems as those that NASCAR and INDYCAR are facing. It's impossible, just study the history of man.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/18 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Was quite surprised by the final stage of the Busch race at New Hampshire yesterday. More competitive battle for the lead than I’ve seen from that track in a long time.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Sailors are essential because even Marines need heroes”

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/18 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PawPaw_n_Gram wrote:

Was quite surprised by the final stage of the Busch race at New Hampshire yesterday. More competitive battle for the lead than I’ve seen from that track in a long time.

Probably because KB wasn’t in it.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/18 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kyle Busch is scheduled to race in the cup event,...right now. Except it's raining.

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/18 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bet the Ford drivers don't want a new car next year. They just got this one figured out.
On another subject 5 Hour dumping the 78 next year sends a serious message that the team owners better be finding a VP in charge of finding one to 5 race sponsors. On top of the Lowe's announcement earlier this year other CEOs have got to be rethinking how deep they want to be into stock car racing.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule.

Cloud Dancer

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/18 06:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First, Congratulations to the crewchief of the #4. I never lose track of the fact that the best driver can only show he's the best if he's driving the best performing car. It's not like boxing. In this case, The owners, the sponsors, the driver, and the whole crew of the #4 are GREAT! What a performance.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/23/18 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer wrote:

First, Congratulations to the crewchief of the #4. I never lose track of the fact that the best driver can only show he's the best if he's driving the best performing car. It's not like boxing. In this case, The owners, the sponsors, the driver, and the whole crew of the #4 are GREAT! What a performance.

Harvick is closing in on his boss's career Cup victories number. I do believe he will pass Tony by Homestead.

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/18 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Cloud Dancer wrote:

Harvick is closing in on his boss's career Cup victories number. I do believe he will pass Tony by Homestead.

Not if KB gets to his bumper! Pay back baby! It’s going to be fun!

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/24/18 05:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As KB has matured he has learned to pick his targets a little better. Harvick will not back down, nor will Kyle B. They will tend to their harems while keeping a watchful eye on each other. Law of the jungle.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 130  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS