Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next
PawPaw_n_Gram

On the Road Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/18 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the new rule changes is there is no longer a ride height requirement for superspeedways.

Full-Time 2014 - ????

“Sailors are essential because even Marines need heroes”

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

bguy

The Rock

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/18 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

By the look of things I'd say the pace car has a very good chance of leading the most laps in the 500.

---------------------------------------
2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

bucky

Bunn NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amen to Fox. We had to go to a bar to watch the Clash. With 5 huge TV's over the bar only one was on FS1 and was too far away to really be enjoyable. Of the 3 right in front of us 2 were on Curling and the other was the dog agility thing. I asked that one of the ones on Curling be swapped and was denied. Evidently bars now take money to air certain things, who knew? We are RVing in a Nascar heavy area BTW.

2005 Cummins 2500 2WD LB quad cab pulling a 2007 Jayco 345bhs. It pulls better than Marcell Ledbetter's mule.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The obvious was anticipated, many call it a race BUT there was no racing. Actually, the name "Clash" is very appropriate.
There's really no way that a giant superspeedway like Daytona is ever going produce the type of racing that all of us wish for.

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Actually I was surprised at the relatively low amount of 'clashing' there was. After the first 25-30 laps or so they fell into 'parade' formation and stayed that way til the final lap. Jaws, et al tried hard to manufacture some excitement, but it just wasn't there.

The major irritant for me was for all the chortling about the new 5 over the wall rule by the Fox crew, when it came time for the first pit stop, they show a 'wide' shot of pit road, instead of say a split screen of 2-3 teams performing and displaying a clock. Bad, bad, bad, technical work/directing Fox.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Next question is what rules are the "Grand Poobahs" going to change between yesterday to Thursday for the "Twins", then following the "Twins" to Sunday? I'm sure Dr. Steve O'Donnel will let us know with a "spin" on it.

paulcardoza

Southeastern Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This year could well be the tipping point for NASCAR. Their biggest race of the year and they cannot field a full slate of entries? Clash on FS1???

Out of curiosity, I went to the NHMS site to see what seats are available, now that they have been cut from 2 races to one. I was shocked to see entire rows available in the premium seating areas, up high, at the S/F line.

It'll be interesting to see how full the stands are during the 500, but I'm guessing that since they are still aggressively pushing ticket sales, it's going to be well less than capacity.

Paul & Sandra
New Bedford, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Locally, they are pushing tickets for all three Series races and the Duels very hard via tv commercials. No surprise except for the 500. They cut the seating capacity and still struggle to sell it out. Junior's absence on the track will have an impact I'm sure.

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/18 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will be critical of the low-quality racing, but I will NOT expect a solution to the problem,.....as long as they insist on racing at racetracks which are configured to be totally wrong for improving the chances of producing good racing. I'll look forward to watching them race on those few racetracks that make sense,....to me.
They've fallen on their sword, but it's certainly not all their fault. It's everyones' fault. The demand for faster and faster speeds, AND the resultant higher and higher technology AND COST!.....CULPRITS!
I remember the Indy 500 when it was truly awesome. The same happened to it.
Yes, it's evolution. But, I only like about 1/2 of it. The other half is NOT beneficial,....IMO.

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/18 01:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NASCAR will at least have the weather going for them Sunday. Sunny and 81 with light East wind.Zero rain chance!Doesn't get any better.....

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 134  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS