Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Nascar Follies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 212  
Prev  |  Next
SARGUY

North America

View Profile

Posted: 11/17/19 09:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a fan of Kyle Busch since he drove for Rick Hendrick I am happy to see him get a second Championship.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 03:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That was the most boring race of the decade.
If the 4 couldn't win I'm glad the 18 did. He will always have my respect for storming to the championship after the wreck in 2015.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 05:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I must've had a crystal ball, predicting that JGR would win, 3 to 1,....[emoticon]
I also said that any one of the 4 drivers in the final could win, if he drove the winning racecar. The winning crewchief and crew deserve more money. IMO Marten Truex had the fastest car, and his crew has been very good, except in the last race. My guy is a great driver, and this time good luck was on his side. Look what happened to the #11.
Anyway, IMO KYLE BUSCH will make a good champion for NASCAR.

* This post was edited 11/18/19 05:15am by Cloud Dancer *

Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can imaging the whipping KB would give to the other contenders if he could run a car he wanted instead off the NASCAR restrictions. He was born to late.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 11/18/19 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

That was the most boring race of the decade.

X2.....maybe in history of auto racing [emoticon]
I usually don't use the word hate ...but I can't stand in car cameras the way Fox and now NBCSP use it way too much during a NASCAR race. Nothing to see. IMO its more about noise like the on track mics.
Someone at NBCSP needs to fire the moron who gave us 5 different screens to watch 4 cars in a 40 car field. This ignores the other cars that are at some point racing for some position.
I watched the first 20 laps and said to heck with NBCSP and actually watched two NFL games on CBS and Fox. At least we got to see the game on one screen instead of 5 screens from cameras on a chosen 4 players helmets.
Heres hoping for big changes in 2020 Nascar cup racing......and tv raced broad casters.

* This post was edited 11/19/19 06:06am by an administrator/moderator *

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/18/19 11:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You call it the most boring race in history but admittedly only watched 20 laps?

* This post was edited 11/19/19 06:06am by an administrator/moderator *

Cloud Dancer

San Antonio and Livingston TX USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 05:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look, the good ole days of racing are GONE. Most of THAT kind of racing was done on 3/8 and 1/2 mile dirt tracks, with racecars that a working-class family could afford to bring to the track. And, if they did it long enough, and if some of them learned what combinations of chassis components and "setups" it took to "hook up" and "handle" they might end up with some wins.
If you think that NASCAR has the power and magic to bring that kind of racing back,......well you know the rest of the story. NASCAR is now in show business, big time. The large tracks are worthless, for producing good racing. Big, BIG money and science will dominate. I became a NASCAR fan AFTER I sold my racetrack, EL PASO SPEEDWAY PARK. I understand the science of it, and the show-biz of it.

GO KYLE BUSCH!

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 06:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cloud Dancer: Look, the good ole days of racing are GONE. Most of THAT kind of racing was done on 3/8 and 1/2 mile dirt tracks.

Absolutely - that was fun racing. We got an old beater, souped it up, took it out to the track and had some weekend fun racing dirt ovals. Some of the cars eventually ended up in the demolition derby at the county fair, another fun weekend.

But like many sports nowadays, it's become about winning, spending, and big bucks. It's not fun anymore, even watching has lost its value. If you're rich before you begin, you might get richer, OR maybe not.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

FlatBroke

CO/AZ

View Profile

Posted: 11/19/19 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too was irritated at all the split screens on NBCS, however I by chance went to the local NBC Chanel and it was broadcasts the regular way. Thank goodness!

GeoBoy

Bennington

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/19/19 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nothing to do with NASCAR, I just watch the Red Bull F1 team do a 1.82 second pit stop. Wow!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 212  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> Nascar Follies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.