Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Next
lexi51

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/17 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading :-)

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A........DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A........DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

">r4AAOSwKOJYI~Us]EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.

* This post was last edited 07/31/17 10:04am by lexi51 *   View edit history

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/17 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Lexi,

Welcome to the forums!

All of the big four are now offering unlimited data. The price certainly is something to be careful of.

T-Mobile unlimited data does work in Canada (personal experience) and in Mexico. It is only 2G speed in Canada--but it is good enough to allow me to stream netflix.

Regards, Don
Full Time in a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp hours of AGM in two battery banks 12 volt batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

lexi51

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/24/17 07:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

Hi Lexi,

Welcome to the forums!

All of the big four are now offering unlimited data. The price certainly is something to be careful of.

T-Mobile unlimited data does work in Canada (personal experience) and in Mexico. It is only 2G speed in Canada--but it is good enough to allow me to stream netflix.

Thanks, ya its hard to keep up with what all the carriers are doing now but this was the first unlimited hotspot that truly seems unlimited to me and thought I would share.

Ya we have used over 85 gigs on this thing with streaming movies and my husband playing a few online video games. Plus I still work so needed a good broadband connection for my computer, my VPN seems to work really well and its reliable. Speeds vary where you are but we are in texas right now and getting 35mbps down and 20 up ping shows 32ms, my husband says that is good his video games are working well.

BobKrogstie

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/17 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Welcome and thanks for the info.

Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

lexi51

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/17 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobKrogstie wrote:

Welcome and thanks for the info.

Thank you! No problem

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/17 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got on this plan... the price dropped to $20 a month for unlimited data.

It's fast and works perfect... best deal in the world!

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/03/17 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I looked at the at&t website listed but saw no mention of a $20 Unlimited plan. Only thing I saw listed was $20 for 1GB??? Can you point me to the page that shows the $20 Unlimited data plan.

2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/17 10:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hard part is getting it set up, but many have done it the way I did and it has worked for everyone I've talked too.

Go to the ATT website, then shop, wireless, connected car. then choose what car you have and it will tell you if it is an approved car or not. I used a Honda CRV and it went right through. Then choose 1GB of data for whatever it cost ($20 I think). Then pay for the device or choose free with 2 year plan.

Mine came by FedEx overnight. Then I called tech support to get it connected. After it is working then call the connected car dept, a number that I will give you later and ask the rep to change you over to the stand alone unlimited data plan.

It worked for me... I'm on it right now.

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/04/17 08:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would be very reluctant to buy a device or commit to two years for 1GB and then try and change it. If you can't get switched to the unlimited for some reason, you're stuck with an expensive and pretty useless plan. Chuck

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/17 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They changed mine over and many more... your choice.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS