Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

MrWizard
https://forums.goodsamclub.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/29686074.cfm
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

cmcdar
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
there are some $29.99 ATT plans on Ebay
there is a thread in this forum, where i posted info

Link?
HTT: 2007 R-Vision Trail Cruiser c191
TV: 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4X Crew Cab

MrWizard
there are some $29.99 ATT plans on Ebay
there is a thread in this forum, where i posted info
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Furch010 wrote:
jcpainter wrote:
The $20 Mobley unlimited data plan is no longer available

So any good options out there anymore?

Not this good!

Furch010
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
The $20 Mobley unlimite data plan is no longer available

So any good options out there anymore?

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
The $20 Mobley unlimited data plan is no longer available

Furch010
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service :W.

Dave

We used about 70GB last month and the bill was the same as yours. I'm currently using the Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite hotspot, so my signal readings and speeds are not directly comparable to the Mobley...

I have been searching for what seems like years for a unlimited 4GLTE internet option for my home internet and it took stumbling upon this forum. Indo have some questions if someone can walk me through this process.

1. Get a mobley car connected device? (Could I skip this step, I want to use a LTE mobile router)
2. Call att and get on the car connected unlimited plan for $20 a month?
3. They send out the SIM card which I could put in the Mobley or in the LTE mobile router (hotspot).

If anyone has any other advice on this please let me know!

htwheelz67
Explorer
Explorer
I got my mobley just cause they were such a great deal, then I used it for my data on my verizon phone, then I used it for wifi in my toyhauler but then I added some verizon phones with unlimited data so it sat for a while. I just moved into a new office for my business and all they had was att fiber for 100 bucks a month at 50 mbps, I thought hmmmm so I bought a netgear LTE modem which has an ethernet port put my sim card into it hooked up 3 office computers and my OOMA office phone system to it and a wifi router, I get 5 bars in my office and the speed is usually between 28-47 mbps upload and 12-20 mbps download so far in two months it has worked flawlessly. I can even stream video on all three computers computers at once all for 22 bucks a month, why didn't I think of this before?

netgear lte modem

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I know. Almost impossible for the end user to know. Someone knows though. Someone always knows. My wife worked for VZW for 17 yrs. she knew about things years prior that she was under contract not to disclose until a given time. Im certain ATT has similar policies. They'll likely send out an email or letter stating that they will soon alter the TOS, thus converting the plan over to a limited plan.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

MrWizard
inside knowledge 5-6 yrs, NO Way to know, not even ATT knows what they will offer or remove between now and then

i have one mobley no contract $20 car connect

wish i was locked in,but i did buy it out right,

the contract came with a free mobley, but was not sure how well it was going to work

hope they keep it active for a while
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
jcpainter wrote:
joeshmoe wrote:
I went with the 2 yr. option.?

You got a Mobley device with a 2-yr contract ON THE $20 PER MONTH plan?

If so, was this before or after Sept of 2017?

Before. June 10th, I believe. We have two mobleys on the $20 "connected car" plan, both two yr. contract.
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Rancho 9000's

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I managed to get a second Mobley on the $20 plan, although it was a long process.

This summer, I called and asked if it was possible. I called two or three times, maybe once a month. Eventually I got a rep who said yes :-).

But of course it turned out that I didn't really end up with the $20 unlimited plan on the second Mobley.

However, since the rep had said that I could have it, subsequent reps put me on a request waiting list.

In the meanwhile, I called in every month, and they credited me for the overages. They said there was only one rep in all of AT&T processing the waiting list, so it took a while.

But after 6 months, I now have the unlimited plan on both Mobleys!

So it seems they are still offering this plan, in a very limited way, and one that depends a lot on luck. I'm offering this story in case it helps somebody.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
joeshmoe wrote:
I went with the 2 yr. option.?

You got a Mobley device with a 2-yr contract ON THE $20 PER MONTH plan?

If so, was this before or after Sept of 2017?

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I went with the 2 yr. option. Anyone have any insight or inside info. as to whether this truly unlimited plan will continue to be available for a while? Say 5-6+ yrs? Or is it a one-time thing?

It's been a huge boon to our lifestyle. My wife is now able to work from the road on Thurs's. and Fri's. Rather than waiting til she gets home on Fri., we can now be ready to head out Wed. night. Basically giving us 4 day weekends. Sure hope ATT keeps this plan around for a good long while.
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Rancho 9000's