Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Prev  |  Next
lexi51

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/17 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chuckbear wrote:

I would be very reluctant to buy a device or commit to two years for 1GB and then try and change it. If you can't get switched to the unlimited for some reason, you're stuck with an expensive and pretty useless plan. Chuck

If you do spring for the free device and 2 year contract it has a 14 day return window if you are unhappy with it.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/17 05:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

T-Mobile keeps beeping my phone

Two lines, Unlmited data, 100/month (About what I pay now for one) plus a 3rd line free.. I need to go chat with 'em.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/08/17 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've been told by several... they bought the Mobley car connect device at Best Buy and got it connected to the $20 unlimited plan there.

Best deal I've ever had on internet service.

Thanks Lexi for letting us know about it.

lexi51

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 03/09/17 04:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gulfcoast wrote:

I've been told by several... they bought the Mobley car connect device at Best Buy and got it connected to the $20 unlimited plan there.

Best deal I've ever had on internet service.

Thanks Lexi for letting us know about it.

No problem, glad to share :-)

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/12/17 04:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More info on this great plan...

$20 unlimited plan

ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/17 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just got back from my local Best Buy store. I was able to get the Mobley purchased at $99 + tax and then add to my account as a "Bring Your Own Device" for the $20/month.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Thom and Diane Boles
2010 Winnebago Vista 32K

Rbertalotto

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/17 01:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After reading everything here and at Mobile Internet and at Howard Forum, the AT&T Mobly for $20 a month with 22G unlimited seemed just too good to be true! I have a Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile hotspots already. This completes the set! I want to try them all this summer and deactivate whichever I find lacking in service and performance.
So today I first went to local Best Buy as I have a great relationship there with Geek Squad. Of course, they knew nothing about this plan and insisted that I needed an AT&T smart phone to add this plan on. And they didn't have one in stock.
Next stop AT&T store.....Had no clue until I showed them the article on RVMobileinternet.com. Then they found it. But none in stock. Told me to order it on line.
Went home and called 866-595-1222 the AT&T Mobile Connect department. Took more info from me than I needed to give to buy my house. Then told me it was $40 plus the $20 plus fees. No, I told them to dig deeper or get me a supervisor. On hold for 12 minutes and THEY FOUND IT! She said it was a new plan and that's why she wasn't aware of it. After another 10 minute hold she came back to say they don't have any and it is a discontinued item. "Try to find one on the internet and buy it and bring it to the AT&T store to activate"
Back on the internet and I found three at a Best Buy store about 30 miles away. No time to drive and get it so I ordered it online and they are shipping it. $99 plus tax and free shipping.
Once it comes in I can't wait to see the grief I go through to get it activated.

Stay tuned!

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2006 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
420w Solar / Bogart SC2030 / Trimetrics

www.rvbprecision.comwww.rvbprecision.com

ThomBoles

Pinellas Park, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/17 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The rep I dealt with at Best Buy said he'll likely buy the last one that they have in store as this was a "smoking deal" <-- young kid... LOL

I've not even hooked it up to the car yet. I did go to ebay to get the power adapter from there. The seller has already shipped (less than 30 minutes later) so I should have that in a couple of days to test this out. I may throw the device in my car until it gets here but that wasn't really the plan from the get go.

Gulfcoast

Southeast

View Profile

Posted: 03/13/17 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've used mine in town and on a few longer trips.... it's the best internet deal I've ever had.

Rbertalotto

Massachusetts

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/13/17 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ordered the 12V cigarette lighter adapter

BTW..Best Buy in Plymouth Massachusetts has two Mobley units left in stock. Get them before the Pilgrams do!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS