Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Prev  |  Next
JiminDenver

Denver, Co

Senior Member

Joined: 09/09/2011

View Profile



Posted: 07/19/17 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HSPA+ is not all that slow. I don't know its limits but I use to see near 7 Mbps down in a very challenging area of Denver. A boosted signal doesn't always fix everything either. My Mobley is on 4G from some far off tower while remote boondocking in the Rockies. All the booster does is keep it connected when that far off tower becomes congested at 9 am everyday. It can be slow but without the booster and directional antenna, it is nothing. Sprint and T-mobile are often like that. Show no signal until they hit the cradle.


2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 800w inverter generator


Jbird

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 07/20/17 01:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JiminDenver wrote:

HSPA+ is not all that slow. I don't know its limits but I use to see near 7 Mbps down in a very challenging area of Denver. A boosted signal doesn't always fix everything either. My Mobley is on 4G from some far off tower while remote boondocking in the Rockies. All the booster does is keep it connected when that far off tower becomes congested at 9 am everyday. It can be slow but without the booster and directional antenna, it is nothing. Sprint and T-mobile are often like that. Show no signal until they hit the cradle.


I'm in the Rockies-----turns out the signal I'm getting for the Mobley is a T-Mobile; cant get internet at all in spite of a "strong" signal of -68db,but wouldn't use it anyway because it indicates "roaming". Verizon with no boost is strong and quick--and expensive. The catch to unlimited data with the Mobley as I move around is going to be getting an AT&T signal.


36' Mobile Suites,Chev 3500 Duramax

Dtank

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/13/2005

View Profile



Posted: 07/30/17 02:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jbird - keep us posted of your "Mobley adventures"!

Good (and interesting) stuff!

..[emoticon]

lryrob9301

Mid-Atlantic

Senior Member

Joined: 01/23/2009

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 08/08/17 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The AT&T website has been "out of stock" for two weeks now, looks like this deal is over. Online survey of stores shows same "out of stock".


2013 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2016 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD V6


Jbird

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/17 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now in Gunnison Co with what I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,but useable for emails. As usual,Verizon mifi is plenty fast (and expensive). Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/16/2002

View Profile



Posted: 08/09/17 03:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jbird wrote:

... I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,... Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service [emoticon].

Dave


Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36


Jbird

USA

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 08/09/17 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

Jbird wrote:

... I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,... Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service [emoticon].

Dave

May be a difference between 4g and 4gLTE or maybe something is wrong with my setup.I have 4bars 4G and SLOW internet. I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.

jhilley

Buxton, ND

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 08/09/17 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jbird wrote:

magicbus wrote:

Jbird wrote:

... I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,... Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service [emoticon].

Dave

May be a difference between 4g and 4gLTE or maybe something is wrong with my setup.I have 4bars 4G and SLOW internet. I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.


It's possible that the slowness is on the WiFi side of the Mobley. How far are you from the Mobley and are there other WiFi networks near by?


2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

Senior Member

Joined: 10/07/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Online
Posted: 08/09/17 05:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service [emoticon].

Dave

We used about 70GB last month and the bill was the same as yours. I'm currently using the Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite hotspot, so my signal readings and speeds are not directly comparable to the Mobley...


Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate


magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

Senior Member

Joined: 06/16/2002

View Profile



Posted: 08/09/17 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.
That sounds like the customer service I got when I was trying to get my Mobley activated [emoticon].

Dave

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 84  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS