Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 85  
Prev  |  Next
JiminDenver

Denver, Co

View Profile

Posted: 08/10/17 12:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is possible to get a good signal to a congested tower for terrible results. I have all four carriers, it happens to the best of them. (yes even Verizon)

2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 800w inverter generator

AMOS33

Texas Gulf Coast

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/17 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

magicbus wrote:

I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service [emoticon].

Dave

We used about 70GB last month and the bill was the same as yours. I'm currently using the Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite hotspot, so my signal readings and speeds are not directly comparable to the Mobley...

I am a new ZTE Mobley user. As yet I am unable to log in to check my Wifi useage. Any pointers would be appreciated.

"No matter how far you go...there you are?"

2006 Jay Flight 31 BHDS

Heisenberg

West Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/17 10:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I log in at AT&T my bill is in the box on the right and my usage is in the box on the left.

2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went with the 2 yr. option. Anyone have any insight or inside info. as to whether this truly unlimited plan will continue to be available for a while? Say 5-6+ yrs? Or is it a one-time thing?

It's been a huge boon to our lifestyle. My wife is now able to work from the road on Thurs's. and Fri's. Rather than waiting til she gets home on Fri., we can now be ready to head out Wed. night. Basically giving us 4 day weekends. Sure hope ATT keeps this plan around for a good long while.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

jcpainter

Crossville, TN

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 02:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

I went with the 2 yr. option.?

You got a Mobley device with a 2-yr contract ON THE $20 PER MONTH plan?

If so, was this before or after Sept of 2017?

Naio

Snug as a bug in a rug

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I managed to get a second Mobley on the $20 plan, although it was a long process.

This summer, I called and asked if it was possible. I called two or three times, maybe once a month. Eventually I got a rep who said yes :-).

But of course it turned out that I didn't really end up with the $20 unlimited plan on the second Mobley.

However, since the rep had said that I could have it, subsequent reps put me on a request waiting list.

In the meanwhile, I called in every month, and they credited me for the overages. They said there was only one rep in all of AT&T processing the waiting list, so it took a while.

But after 6 months, I now have the unlimited plan on both Mobleys!

So it seems they are still offering this plan, in a very limited way, and one that depends a lot on luck. I'm offering this story in case it helps somebody.

* This post was last edited 02/05/18 03:09pm by Naio *   View edit history

3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jcpainter wrote:

joeshmoe wrote:

I went with the 2 yr. option.?

You got a Mobley device with a 2-yr contract ON THE $20 PER MONTH plan?

If so, was this before or after Sept of 2017?

Before. June 10th, I believe. We have two mobleys on the $20 "connected car" plan, both two yr. contract.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 02/05/18 04:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

inside knowledge 5-6 yrs, NO Way to know, not even ATT knows what they will offer or remove between now and then

i have one mobley no contract $20 car connect

wish i was locked in,but i did buy it out right,

the contract came with a free mobley, but was not sure how well it was going to work

hope they keep it active for a while

Radiate The Happy

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/05/18 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, I know. Almost impossible for the end user to know. Someone knows though. Someone always knows. My wife worked for VZW for 17 yrs. she knew about things years prior that she was under contract not to disclose until a given time. Im certain ATT has similar policies. They'll likely send out an email or letter stating that they will soon alter the TOS, thus converting the plan over to a limited plan.

htwheelz67

orange county

View Profile

Posted: 04/22/18 10:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I got my mobley just cause they were such a great deal, then I used it for my data on my verizon phone, then I used it for wifi in my toyhauler but then I added some verizon phones with unlimited data so it sat for a while. I just moved into a new office for my business and all they had was att fiber for 100 bucks a month at 50 mbps, I thought hmmmm so I bought a netgear LTE modem which has an ethernet port put my sim card into it hooked up 3 office computers and my OOMA office phone system to it and a wifi router, I get 5 bars in my office and the speed is usually between 28-47 mbps upload and 12-20 mbps download so far in two months it has worked flawlessly. I can even stream video on all three computers computers at once all for 22 bucks a month, why didn't I think of this before?

netgear lte modem

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 85  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS