cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcycle Wheel Chock

GottaRunGottaCa
Explorer
Explorer
I’m looking for opinions on a good motorcycle chock for my full dresser Harley Davidson (CVO Road Glide) and my wife's Deluxe, I have e-track in my 7’ x 16’ enclosed trailer and toy hauler, I want one that is compatible with the e-track so I can have the flexibility to move the bikes around in the trailer and will not compress the suspension of the motorcycles. I’m trying a friend’s condor PS1500 and he also has the B&W biker bar he is willing to sell.
Thanks in advance and let me know what y’all are using.
2016 F350
2019 Heartland Torque TQ-371
56 REPLIES 56

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtrman wrote:
1jeep wrote:
2 straps around the triple tree, 2 straps on the rear peg mounts just to keep the bike from moving side to side and I leave 2 straps loosely on the bars just in case.

Last week going down the Ma pike towing the bike in the garage we hit a construction area that a few times felt like we were getting air in the truck/trailer. the roads out here in the east suck and things move around back there.

1jeep - So did you thru bolt your chock? Seems to me that if we use straps anyway, they're going to do most of the work holding the bike in place, and the chock is there primarily as a convenience when loading/unloading?

I have a harbor freight chock https://www.harborfreight.com/interests/motorcycle/motorcycle-stand-wheel-chock-97843.html
and use 4 straps to hold it in place in the trailer, then I strap the bike down. Yes, this involves 10 straps, but I remove 4 and the chock is easily removed from the trailer with no bolts or extra holes.

next time I put it in I will grab a couple pictures, I know your picturing a giant spider web but it isn't that bad as 4 are across the floor.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
nayther wrote:
Personally I would NEVER depend on a wheel chock for exclusive attachment of a big bike always use additional tie downs.
You've obviously never used something like the Condor. I use two tiedowns loosely attached to the handlebars, and two off the back to keep it from falling from side to side. If it's done right you don't need a ton of tie downs.

no, have not but if it's secure then the added tie downs are for safety sake and to take excessive strain off the Condor, makes sense but should at least be "snug" I would think, would hate to pull the anchors out in a panic stop.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

dedmiston
EDITORIAL NOTE: I deleted a few snarky posts yesterday. I don't know how Hot Chock Talk turned so controversial, but whadda y'all say we stick to the facts and simple opinions and keep the snotty stuff out of the posts, OK?

Keep your vitriol bottled up for the more controversial topics, like tire threads! :B

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

bluwtrman
Explorer
Explorer
1jeep wrote:
2 straps around the triple tree, 2 straps on the rear peg mounts just to keep the bike from moving side to side and I leave 2 straps loosely on the bars just in case.

Last week going down the Ma pike towing the bike in the garage we hit a construction area that a few times felt like we were getting air in the truck/trailer. the roads out here in the east suck and things move around back there.

1jeep - So did you thru bolt your chock? Seems to me that if we use straps anyway, they're going to do most of the work holding the bike in place, and the chock is there primarily as a convenience when loading/unloading?

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
1jeep wrote:
ah yeah, I don't know who just chocks the bike and thinks it is safe, I use 6 different tie down points.
"ah yeah, I don't know who just chocks the bike and thinks it is safe..." I do. Many trips, many thousands of miles, and many, many bumpy roads and never an issue.

Wow, six tiedowns for one bike. You need to rethink your setup. Heck, I can have my bike unloaded and the garage ready to live in by the time you've unhooked all your straps. 🙂
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
nayther wrote:
Personally I would NEVER depend on a wheel chock for exclusive attachment of a big bike always use additional tie downs.
You've obviously never used something like the Condor. I use two tiedowns loosely attached to the handlebars, and two off the back to keep it from falling from side to side. If it's done right you don't need a ton of tie downs.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtrman wrote:
Yea I definitely use additional tie downs. That said, the question becomes why is it necessary to thru bolt the chock? The real security is in the tie down straps.

..and this is why mine is not bolted down. They work together very well. For me, on the chock with 2 straps forward, 2 straps rearward and I'm good to go.
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

bluwtrman
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I definitely use additional tie downs. That said, the question becomes why is it necessary to thru bolt the chock? The real security is in the tie down straps.

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
ah yeah, I don't know who just chocks the bike and thinks it is safe, I use 6 different tie down points.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

bluwtrman
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to thru bolt my chock but the bottom side of the garage floor is closed in by a panel. Anybody here removed that panel, and I assume insulation between it and the floor?

1jeep
Explorer
Explorer
Kawi C14, I also used it to haul my HD Ultra. I don't use cheap straps to ratchet the chock in place, the ones I bought are for strapping down cars and they have never backed off.

I didn't mount permantly because we also haul ATV's in the garage and didn't want a chock in the way.

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
RUFFSTUFF wrote:
1jeep wrote:
I didn't bolt my chock just used 4 heavy duty straps to ratchet it in place, it does not move.

+1 Mine has never moved an inch unbolted.

I just used a couple #14 screws to hold mine down, mainly to help hold them while backing out of them. That's also why I strap them down to the tie downs in the trailer.
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP