Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: What is the dumbest things about your fifth wheel?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is the dumbest things about your fifth wheel?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev
BurbMan

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/22 01:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Never understood the obsession with accessibility with the slides in.

You didn't read the post that was literally the one before yours:

"We keep our trailer at a storage facility as we cannot park at home for more than a night or two. Night before a trip we bring the trailer home and park on the street. We cannot open slides as they would stick out onto the street or sidewalk. So its nice to be able to get to everything for packing clothes, fridge etc. without slides open.

BurbMan

Indianapolis, IN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/07/22 01:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Stereo speakers wired with two right speakers indoors and two left outdoors so you can't ever hear both channels unless you stand in the open doorway (not how I prefer to listen).

I wouldn't call that a design flaw since that's not how it was designed...that was the Amish Craftsman connecting the wires wrong. The wires are color-coded, so obviously the assembler misunderstood the wires colors, I wonder how many units went out the door that way? LOL

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would have to agree with others that the location of light switches and electrical outlets in my FW are pretty dumb.

Njmurvin

Simi Valley

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/22 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only have a couple.

1) Weak-assed single motor landing gear ... I've since upgraded.

2) Why no water pump switch in the bathroom (my brother's Alpenlite has one)? I need to add it.

2020 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax 4x4 Crew Cab Standard box

2011 Arctic Fox 27.5L

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/22 06:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

NW 27-5L.

Wasteful very shallow cabinet under entertainment unit. I had the dealer pull the door off and put in a fireplace.

Area above water pump is completely closed off and wasted space. I've turned it into a 2 shelf cabinet for shoes.

We use that area as my wifes drink storage. Seltzer waters etc. The shoes go under the stairs.

Biggest issue, the whole pass through has not been well thought out as they carried sewer pipes through what could be a much larger area, but no, they completely blocked that area off.

I opened up a lot of that area by removing the "wall" on the street side and cutting it to fit front to back as opposed to side to side. It looks factory.

With slides in, access to pantry is blocked and so is the bedroom clothes closet. Wife did a most awesome job turning the clothes closet into cubes and shelves.

On this one, what else could they do other than not have a slide.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 02/10/22 06:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Njmurvin wrote:

I only have a couple.

Snip

2) Why no water pump switch in the bathroom (my brother's Alpenlite has one)? I need to add it.
Ours has a water pump switch in the bathroom. It is AWESOME!

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/22 06:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dieseltruckdriver wrote:

With slides in, access to pantry is blocked and so is the bedroom clothes closet. Wife did a most awesome job turning the clothes closet into cubes and shelves.

On this one, what else could they do other than not have a slide.

Nothing, just pointing out what I can't get to.

We're very happy with this 5th wheel. Been in it for a few months, actually working from home.

When se get home, I'll be looking at the pass through. I may regret the slide we put in, because it was reduced in size due to the space limitations.

Also trying to find a place to put a cord reel. I need to measure the economy one, it might fit on the slide, but it only holds 30' of cord. The bigger one is too tall. Considering the possibility of making a bracket to attach to the drawer slide, but hang down for the taller cord reel.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What is the dumbest things about your fifth wheel?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.