cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Swifter floor cleaner for cleaning vinyl awnings

Dryheat36
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to share. Used a basic Swifter floor cleaner with a 4' handle to clean the underside of our trailer awning. Figured since it is safe for vinyl flooring, using it on the awning would work as well. The results were excellent. Bright finish in half the time, no mess and saved doing it by hand with a ladder.
11 REPLIES 11

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
Ron3rd wrote:
Great idea!

What's a great idea? Walking upside down on the underside of your awning while wearing black shoes?

I have always been a fan of bleach and water mixed sort of strong in a garden sprayer. Spray the underside and roll it up for 15 minutes, unroll and rinse. I have never tried it on shoe scuffs.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea!
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that everyone knows about the ability of shoes with black rubber soles to โ€œdrawโ€ on the surface of linoleum, wooden floors, etc. This only significant drawback of such shoes leads to black marks, which cannot be washed with conventional methods. But I donโ€™t get upset, because such black paint does not penetrate deep into the wood, but remains only on the surface

It would be easier if you just didn't walk on the underside of your awning.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

rasmus78
Explorer
Explorer
yes its work great i have tried too!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Huh? ^
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

ghooos
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that everyone knows about the ability of shoes with black rubber soles to โ€œdrawโ€ on the surface of linoleum, wooden floors, etc. This only significant drawback of such shoes leads to black marks, which cannot be washed with conventional methods. But I donโ€™t get upset, because such black paint does not penetrate deep into the wood, but remains only on the surface. What can you say about this product https://cleanhomeguide.com/bona-hardwood-floor-cleaner-review/?

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried this last summer and agree, it works great.
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Dryheat36 wrote:
Wanted to share. Used a basic Swifter floor cleaner with a 4' handle to clean the underside of our trailer awning. Figured since it is safe for vinyl flooring, using it on the awning would work as well. The results were excellent. Bright finish in half the time, no mess and saved doing it by hand with a ladder.

Thanks for sharing, I like this idea! I always have a Swiffer handy.
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
great ideas! thanks
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I found Mr. Clean "Magic Mop" 2 years ago. No hose, no water, no mess....10 minits.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Much easier to use Tilex Mold & Mildew Spray

Fully extend awning
Then spray the top of awning along length of roller as someone SLOWLY retracts awning

When fully retracted sit back, enjoy a cold beverage, read a magazine or whittle on a stick.

After 30 minutes or so fully extend awning and rinse down top/bottom.

Clean...done......no scrubbing/no elbow grease....just a little hand motion (trigger finger) and NO LADDER required (Or drips on you/clothes)

(Wet top makes contact with underside as it is rolled up)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31