cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Genesis Supreme issues

slayder
Explorer
Explorer
My experience so far has been very negative with Genesis. Sorry for the long post but I want to be very detailed and explain what finally caused me to post this online. I love the Toy hauler but the company does not stand behind their product.

March 2016 - Purchased new 2017 Genesis 23SS Toy Hauler at Rowley White

October, 24th 2016 - Noticed couple issues such as: leaking Skylight, manufacturing siding defect at the drivers top left, gap showing and other little issues which were "No Problem Found". Dropped off at local Camping World Center for repairs.
Numerous phone calls and being told "We are waiting on Genesis", we will call you.
Finally received the phone call April, 14th 2017 (6 MONTHS LATER) to pickup the camper.

April, 15th 2017 - Inspected the camper and immediately noticed that the siding was not repaired, instead they just added more silicon to cover up the damage. Upon calling out the Service Advisor regarding the repair he claimed they proposed the proper repair to Genesis but they declined and he was instructed to tighten the Edge Trim and re-silicone the gap.
In doing so, the edge trim got bent/deformed and looks worse than initially when dropped off. Didn't expect them to keep the camper hostage for 6 months over winter which not only caused my batteries to go bad but now my WARRANTY IS EXPIRED.

Service Advisor told me sorry and that's all they can do without Genesis's approval, then recommended to call them myself to resolve the issue. I went ahead (April 19th) and after numerous calls and multiple emails to Rodrigo O. at Service I'm still not getting nowhere, in fact I'm still waiting to receive a phone call/email in return.

May, 5th 2017 - Final straw; Went camping for the first time this year and on our way back I hear scrapping noises from the back of the trailer few miles from home. Pulled over and found the fresh water tank support angle pulled the bolts out of the I-beam and was scrapping against pavement. Turns out the supports are flimsy 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" angles holding up 417lbs per tank of water that's oscillating over bumps and road imperfections, not very well engineered and really should be against the law. FYI-this camper has been out only 5 times since new.

I got lucky since I was almost home traveling <30mph, what if this angle came loose and flew through a vehicles windshield behind me on the highway potentially killing someone?
Also upon removal of the tanks, it was noticed that the I-beam frame got twisted from the water tanks support angles pulling on it. Honestly, I'm debating if I should contact my insurance company regarding the damage that occurred?

Pictures below where you can see the Siding damage and Water tank supports.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3wa1zg1rveudaw1/AAChSaEFIcNVAi_XA9EDwiABa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7yzo3bx41hb1loc/AAC4yezHJftMIuRSpjXXZYPGa?dl=0
==================================================================

Update:

May, 9th 2017

Surprisingly I received a call and email from Rodrigo O. at Genesis (today) 5/9/17 after I posted the above on their "Genesis RV Facebook Page-Visitor Posts" and on here.

Apparently, Genesis is now willing to repair both the siding damage and the tank supports damage BUT that remains to be seen. At this time those are just empty promises. I plan on dropping it off this week at Camping World and will keep you posted.

Update:

May, 19th 2017
Picked up Camper from the Shop that performed the Water Tank supports repair, the repair is exceptional and I'm satisfied with the repair.

http://imgur.com/a/o0cjo

1. Visited Camping World and waiting on Genesis regarding Siding repair.

2. Sent email to Genesis and waiting to hear back regarding reimbursement.

Update:

June, 5th 2017
Genesis picked up the complete Water Tank repair supports bill. Props to them.

Still waiting for an update regarding Siding repair.
2005 F250 6.0 Powerstroke Bulletproofed
2017 Genesis 23SS Toyhauler
2005 Arctic Cat 500cc ATV
2006 Arctic Cat Prowler 650 UTV
2014 Apollo ABG-36 Trail Bike
26 REPLIES 26

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
Scratch Genesis off my list of possible campers

Yup, everyone I know that has one says they are junk
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
my BIL bought a new rig, not sure the brand but it didn't have the correct TV, no fireplace, etc. so they took it to a local dealer (long story). He told the dealer, "no hurry, we can't use it for a couple of months" (his father was ill and subsequently passed). So fast forward THREE MONTHS and they go to pick it up, they've not finished it still!

Why must all the RV dealers be so flakey?
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
dedmiston wrote:

I don't trust the dealers. I'd love to play poker with my service writer, because she's the worst liar I've ever met.

Amen to that. When I had my Fuzion and stuff had to be ordered or corrected the service writer always had a different excuse from the factory closed early to the pieces are being shipped from the factory with the next inbound trailer. I finally called Keystone to find out they know nothing about it and have never been contacted by the dealer.

After that experience I would be very leary about putting all the blame on the manufacturer. Some dealers are not as stand up as they claim to be.

hvac
Explorer
Explorer
Tough story. The industry in general is getting away with hidden poor quality and cost reduction mfg methods that will always surface over time.

It won't get any better in untill we stop enabling the problem, or buying the nightmare they are selling. Unfortunately, I see no immediate solution.

Wild_Card
Explorer
Explorer
I cant believe the factory would say to use silicone. It has no business for where its being used. That right there would set me a blaze.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually
Sundowner 2286GM Pro-Grade Toyhauler

slayder
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:

Are you getting this information from CW? Are you verifying with the factory?

As mentioned in my previous posts, I've been in touch with Genesis since 5/1 shortly after I picked up my Camper from CW. Genesis confirmed receiving the request for Siding repair along with other warranty work and based on the pictures instructed CW to cover it up with Silicone. Again, that's from the factory.

I wouldn't be here posting negative feedback if Genesis would've allowed CW to fix the Siding issue. After numerous phone calls and multiple emails and still nothing I decided to turn to Social media. That move quickly got their attention and I received a phone call the next day claiming they are willing to work with me.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
slayder wrote:

I respect everyone's opinion but honestly at this point I disagree. Initially CW requested Siding repair to be performed and Genesis declined. This is not CW's fault and thus far they have been fourth coming which I can't say regarding Genesis....

Are you getting this information from CW? Are you verifying with the factory?
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

dedmiston
My fiver has been at the dealer's shop most of this year. They generously let me come and borrow it for trips, but I try not to retrieve it too often because it delays their work.

The dealer kept telling me about holdups from the factory, so I started calling the factory every week and having them read me a list of any pending warranty claims for my VIN. Then I'd call the dealer and tell them that the factory doesn't have any pending claims for my rig. After a few weeks of this, the claims miraculously found their way to the factory where they were promptly processed.

I don't trust the dealers. I'd love to play poker with my service writer, because she's the worst liar I've ever met.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

slayder
Explorer
Explorer
fx2tom wrote:
Have to agree with the other posters that your issue is mainly CW. I live about 30 minutes from Genesis manufacturing plant in SoCal and a buddy of mine has a Genesis Supreme. Any issues he takes directly to GS and they fix within a couple of days.

I respect everyone's opinion but honestly at this point I disagree. Initially CW requested Siding repair to be performed and Genesis declined. This is not CW's fault and thus far they have been fourth coming which I can't say regarding Genesis.

I had to take social media action for Genesis to finally come forward and make things right.

Have you seen the pictures of the original Water tank supports? They are a joke... I recommend you take a look under your trailer and make sure yours haven't started to bend.

I don't have any other options in Idaho and Genesis will not work with anyone else but CW to repair the Siding.

fx2tom
Explorer
Explorer
Have to agree with the other posters that your issue is mainly CW. I live about 30 minutes from Genesis manufacturing plant in SoCal and a buddy of mine has a Genesis Supreme. Any issues he takes directly to GS and they fix within a couple of days.
2002 Ford F250 Lariat 7.3l 4x4 CCSB
2007 Forest River Sierra Sport M-26FBSP

slayder
Explorer
Explorer
Updated first post.

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
those tanks are going NOWHERE!
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Y-Guy
Dang those look like some solid supports!

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

slayder
Explorer
Explorer
Updated first post.