Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford cab keyless remote entry....

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Has anyone installed (or had installed) a remote keyless entry system to the Ford E450 Cab? I'm not really interested in an alarm, just the remote entry. An OEM installation would be my first choice, but whatever works... ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v
26 REPLIES 26

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
They said that if the aftermarket part and/or installation caused a failure in any of the vehicle systems (like the ECB), it would void the warranty.

ford always says that. the company that made the motorhome back end did more changes than adding a remote key.

Warranty? what's that?
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
You can pretend your C is an A and not use the cab doors.

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
I think that I'm just going to trade up to a Jayco Class A (2018 Alante)... no cab doors to worry about! lol
Me, My wonderful Wife, 2 Bluetick Hounds, a Newfie, a Cairn Terrier & a Black Lab / Newfie Mix.
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
The Logans,

Your Ford E-Series chassis just might be setup for "Keyless Entry". CLICK HERE to determine if it is so.

I looked into OEM Keyless entry but our 2007 E350 chassis it is not pre-wired for it so I just dropped the idea.

ADDING: Oops, I see you already found out you don't have the module. I will leave my post for others.

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all... my primary issue is that there is no remote keyless entry module in the unit. I thought about aftermarket, however, after a call to Ford Motorhome Support, I decided against it. They said that if the aftermarket part and/or installation caused a failure in any of the vehicle systems (like the ECB), it would void the warranty.

Lord knows, I don't want to mess with my warranty!
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Had car toys install mine. Cab had power door lock, but no remote. passenger door is missing lock, so it helps getting in from that side. Only thing is, I'd like the back door to lock as well, but there's no wires to connect, and I'm not finding an electric house door lock that would integrate with the coach system. don't really want to carry 2 remotes.
banks intake/exhaust

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like you are looking for something like this:

Here's a link to it on Amazon.

This works like an add-on garage door opener keypad. You program it for the vehicle. When you enter the code, it opens the door just like the key fob. There's no wires to run. You would need to already have a key fob remote entry system for this to work.

One of our local Locksmiths has a large variety of keyless entry systems for autos. You might want to check with a locksmith if your Ford Dealer can't help.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

Hockeytchr
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2016 Jayco Greyhwak has a remote for keyless entry to the cab. It's a 2015 E450 Chassis
2015 Keystone Hideout 38fqds
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercrew
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercab
2005 Club Car
2009 Polaris Ranger Crew
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
1995 17' Gilgetter Pontoon

blownstang01
Explorer
Explorer
First you have to find out if your unit has remote entry. The easiest way is to enter the programming sequence and see if the vehicle responds. You can find instructions for the different years here >>>> http://www.keyfobprogram.com/category/ford/
Once you find out it has it by going into "program mode" you can buy the corresponding remotes from either Ford or other aftermarket retailers..personally I like Ford Originals.
Or you can buy the stick on push button remote as someone said, here >> https://accessories.ford.com/electronics/keyless-entry.html
All is not lost if the cab didn't come factory equipped, as others have said any stereo place should be able to install an aftermarket unit. Good Luck !

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have a typical useless Ford dealer. You could try another stealer or just get an aftermarket unit. I got a universal one for my Jeep for about $30 on Amazon. Also, any outfit that installs can alarms can fix you up. Try not to be fixated on getting this done at the stealership.

The_Logans
Explorer
Explorer
OK, Ford said that they DO have plenty of remote keyless entry systems that will work fine in the E350/450 platform. However, they are not allowed to install them because the parts computer does not SPECIFICALLY list that part number for those vehicles.

Sigh.... what to do now?
2018 Jayco Alante 31v

Wiz
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there is kit available from Ford. The harness is already there and you just plug in a module. I looked at this for my 1999 E450 but they didn't do that back then.
2000 Coachmen Santara 311sb, towing a 2004 Honda CR-V.
Paul, Cindy, and Jameson

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
I had the car stereo people install a remote door lock system. works fine on the cab, especially since the door lock on the passenger side is missing. Currently looking for a way to connect the house door to the system. Found one on an OEM site, but they never responded to my e-mail. Probably end up putting a keyless entry lock on the house door, but that means carrying two remote fobs ๐Ÿ˜› need to get the passenger cab door lock fixed anyways
banks intake/exhaust

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a quick PS: try this link.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II