cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rockwood Roo Salesman

tbolt2000
Explorer
Explorer
We stopped at a RV dealer today to look at some hybrids. Specifically the 21SS. Roo or Shamrock. They were a Rockwood Roo dealer. All their hybrids price not less than 30K.

My wife and I did our looking and we also browsed thru TT's also.

When we were done walking the lot my wife went in the showroom and I stayed out front waiting on her.

A sales man asked if anyone was helping me. I said I have looked at what I wanted to look at. He went into the spell well let me help you. what was I looking at? etc. I told him I was looking at the 21SS but it appears that your prices were 5 to 10K more than other dealers around. He said don't look at the sticker we sell in volume and we will work with that #.

I mentioned that Shamrocks and Roo's are exactly the same thing and they are even made in the same plant. He said no they are not built at the same plant. He went into telling me that Roo's are the top quality hybrids then the Flagstaff then you have the Shamrock. Roo's have 1/32 inch thicker wood and that increases quality and price. My wife came out and I said thanks for his time.

I did not know that while my wife was in the showroom she picked up a brochure up for the Rockwood RV's which included the TT line and the hybrid line.

We get home and I was looking at the brochure comparing the floor plans and UVW. I get to the back page of the brochure and where they put the sticker for the Dealer info there is the Forest River logo. Also the Rockwood brochure showed 2 aerial pictures of the plant.
Then I bring up Forest River web site and download the Shamrock brochure and low and behold in it has exactly the same two pictures of the Rockwood brochure.

So what is it are Roo's and Shamrock built by the same manufacture and same plant?
Do sales people think consumers are so naรฏve?
Was I out of line mentioning Shamrock to a Roo dealer when in my mind no difference in the two? Even though the price was not under 30K on a single one and I see same Roo's and Shamrock's from 20 to 23K everywhere else. Also he did mention he was a volume dealer also.
I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.
9 REPLIES 9

fritz_monroe
Explorer
Explorer
tbolt2000 wrote:

Thanks I considered in telling the manager because to me after what he feed me and I knew there was no difference with the Roo and Shamrock was I will not buy there because what other lies would be feed to the consumer.

I would have contacted the manager afterwards to let him know that they lost a sale because of his sales guy lying to me. Any time I'm buying something I go in like I'm clueless just to see if the sales person answers honestly. I'm notorious for over researching everything.

EricNCSU1204
Explorer
Explorer
tbolt2000 wrote:
Yes I have seen them just at 21K around this area. They seem 1 or 2K cheaper in your part of the country than here in N.C. There seems to be more for sale outside of the south.

Hi, We are looking at Rockwood's as well. Can you let me know which dealership this is? Feel free to PM is posting in the open forum is not allowed.

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
21SS at 30K is absurdly high. I paid $29K for my 2014 29' 5th wheel thats far more advanced. I owned a Starcraft 21SSO which has a nearly identical floorplan to the Roo 21SS. Loved it but interior storage and counter space was limited.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

tbolt2000
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have seen them just at 21K around this area. They seem 1 or 2K cheaper in your part of the country than here in N.C. There seems to be more for sale outside of the south.
I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Burnt_Marshmall
Explorer
Explorer
A 21SS can probably be had around $20K, depending on the options, not including taxes or other rollup costs.

Here is a 2018 listed at the CW near me.

http://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetails/new-expandable-trailer-rvs/2017-forest-river-rockwood-roo-21ss-expandable-10k-FOH1365743

tbolt2000
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
The salesman was feeding you total BS.
If it were me, I'd report him to the owner or manager of the stealership.

Thanks I considered in telling the manager because to me after what he feed me and I knew there was no difference with the Roo and Shamrock was I will not buy there because what other lies would be feed to the consumer.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Twin brands, like Roo/Shamrock, are very common in the RV Industry. Even sacred Winnebago does it.

As was stated, it's so two dealers can sell them without impacting each other's brand rights.
That's why the salesman will diss the twin brand and tell you lies in order to sell you the trailer.

They are both made in the same factory, on the same assembly line. No difference between them except for outside decals and interior decor.

The salesman was feeding you total BS.
If it were me, I'd report him to the owner or manager of the stealership.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
They are the same.. The reason they make the same product and call it something else is so dealers across the street from each other will not compete with same named products.

Interior wood, cloth and such may be different is all.
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Try another dealership.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad