Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Coachmen Freelander 29QB Winterization

Torrance2607
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am trying to see who here has a coachmen freelander that knows how to winterize and dewinterize.

I have been through most of the forums but still cannot wrap my head around how to do it. I had it winterized and do not have the time to take it back to another shop before I have to use it.

Any help would be appreciated.

There is anti-freeze running throughout.

A drain plug is removed for the water heater.

I do not see a low water drain point outside of the RV.

Under the sink, where the hot water valves are located, I do see a T connection that has the cold and hot water per pipes connected. Along with about 4 other valves.

The water pump does not have any single pet coming off of it like I had in my travel trailer to hook up a fresh water hose to it.

It also has three valves located there, they seem to drop off into the middle of the RV.

Pictures to follow if that will help.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
After it was winterized, all the valves should have been returned to their normal position. The water heater by-pass valve maybe an exception. Make sure all faucets are turned off including the shower. Put the plug back into the water heater and connect the city water hose. Open a hot water faucet and if the by-pass valve was returned to non by-pass then the hot water heater will begin to fill and no water will come out of the faucet until it is full. If water comes out normally immediately then the valves under the sink by the water heater need to be turned back to non by-pass. Once this is accomplished then open all faucets to flush out the anti-freeze. While this is going on check for leaks and look under the unit to see if any drain valves were left open. Do not forget the toilet valve and shower faucets. Once water runs clear (not pink) then you de-winterized.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have the Coachmen manual for the motorhime? It might (or might not) identify some of the valves.

Otherwise, pictures probably would help some. It may take a little experimentation to identify everything. So long as you don't operate the water heater dry, it should be impossible to damage the system by turning the valves.