Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
hbski

Huntington Beach

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrPhelps wrote:

Has anyone seen or bought one of these ? It appears that Host made some major floor plan changes for the better (IMHO) and has not updated their website.

The website for Host shows both driver side and rear slides, a mid bath and east-west bedroom, but I've been to two camper dealer sites showing "on the lot 2018 models". These pics show passenger and driver side slides with an apparent rear driver side dry bath. Further the units shown have captains chairs located at base of the bed facing a TV /fireplace "tower" towards the rear of the unit. Neither of the dealer photo's are adequate to fully get it and the photos on Host's site are the old model. The one with the best pictures on the North Carolina dealer's web site is provided below.

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about the Mammoth, but this one interests me much more. I toured Host's facility last summer and asked about this model but it appeared they had not recently built any of the Cascade Model and I had to be content to look at the Mammoth. This looks like a major improvement to the last plan. I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit to assess my current truck as a viable option. If anyone out there has looked at/purchased one or has any data, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it on. Neither dealer site has any info regarding a fully configured dry weight nor a photo of the Host weight sticker, which for me, is a problem with how they market the products.

North Carolina Host Cascade

That link appears to contain pictures from two different campers with different floor plans

'06 Dodge 3500 4x4 QC LB DRW
Ride-Rites, Hellwig, Torklift Tiedowns, Fast Guns, Superhitch
'07 Okanagan 117DBL

hbski

Huntington Beach

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/17 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hbski wrote:

MrPhelps wrote:

Has anyone seen or bought one of these ? It appears that Host made some major floor plan changes for the better (IMHO) and has not updated their website.

The website for Host shows both driver side and rear slides, a mid bath and east-west bedroom, but I've been to two camper dealer sites showing "on the lot 2018 models". These pics show passenger and driver side slides with an apparent rear driver side dry bath. Further the units shown have captains chairs located at base of the bed facing a TV /fireplace "tower" towards the rear of the unit. Neither of the dealer photo's are adequate to fully get it and the photos on Host's site are the old model. The one with the best pictures on the North Carolina dealer's web site is provided below.

I know there has been a lot of discussion on this forum about the Mammoth, but this one interests me much more. I toured Host's facility last summer and asked about this model but it appeared they had not recently built any of the Cascade Model and I had to be content to look at the Mammoth. This looks like a major improvement to the last plan. I am interested in weight and CG info for this unit to assess my current truck as a viable option. If anyone out there has looked at/purchased one or has any data, it would be greatly appreciated if you could pass it on. Neither dealer site has any info regarding a fully configured dry weight nor a photo of the Host weight sticker, which for me, is a problem with how they market the products.

North Carolina Host Cascade

That link appears to contain pictures from two different campers with different floor plans

Never mind, I see, central bath in the rear or rather rear bath with the centered shower.

Question is, why don't they change the name with a different floor plan?

smrjjarrett

oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/17 11:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We went and looked at one at the Host factory and liked it so much we ordered one from the local dealer. sticker on the one we looked at was about 4200 lbs as equipped. the one we ordered as equipped should come in about 4007 lbs. we really liked the floor plan..had a tough time deciding between the Mammoth and Cascade (still having a tough time actually) but the weight was a really big factor for us and my husband could see himself in the theatre seating watching a game and enjoying an adult beverage.

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/17 04:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smrjjarrett wrote:

We went and looked at one at the Host factory and liked it so much we ordered one from the local dealer. sticker on the one we looked at was about 4200 lbs as equipped. the one we ordered as equipped should come in about 4007 lbs. we really liked the floor plan..had a tough time deciding between the Mammoth and Cascade (still having a tough time actually) but the weight was a really big factor for us and my husband could see himself in the theatre seating watching a game and enjoying an adult beverage.

Thank you! Exactly what I needed. I really wanted a shorter floor plan from our CURRENT 11.5 ft Yellowstone because of flexing issues with the frame over the years due to the extremely large passenger slide and center of gravity location. When we toured the factory last summer , I expressed this desire to Randall. He examined our current setup. He said he thought our truck would handle the Mammoth, it might be actually about the same weight, would probably ride better than our current unit, and I assume it probably would, since this new generation of Host campers seem to have a center of gravity more thoughtfully considered, in their design as well as a more robust and thoughtful approach to structural integrity. However, the extra seating area in this new Cascade seems to provide a solution to the "dinette fatigue" seating issue on long trips I was looking for, with the added advantage that it is lighter, shorter and has one less slide . I am not willing to order a Mammoth with just two slides.

Anyway, its time to make the drive and check one out. Maybe I can get up to North Carolina to take a look at that one before it sells.

- 06 Dodge DRW CTD QC 4x4 Laramie, Nav, Powersteps, Exhaust Brake, Ricksons w/19.5 H ply XDS2 , Ride Rites, Ranchos, Bump Stops, Airbags, Superhitch, Bodiak, 60 gal Fuel tank

- 2018 Host Cascade dual slide

MrPhelps

Huntsville, AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/17 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They have updated their site. The new floor plan is now shown.

Must read this forum [emoticon]

Cascade floor plan

KhakiCUmmins

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/17 03:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I really like the new layout. If you click on the image to get a better look, it still takes you to the old floor plan. [emoticon]

I look forward to see what they have in store for the Mammoth

Hemi Joel

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/17 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like it too! I would go with the king bed and the theater seating.

2006 Arctic Fox 1150 with 200 watts solar on a 93 Dodge D350 Cummins 3 extra main leafs, overloads removed.

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/17 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That Cascade is super sweet. I think I like the layout better than the Mammoth.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

volzalum

Richland, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/17 03:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like it too, but it looks like you cannot enter unless the passenger slide is out.

Tizi

Normandy Park, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/17 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

volzalum wrote:

I like it too, but it looks like you cannot enter unless the passenger slide is out.

Isnt the mammoth like that too? I mean most slides are like that.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Host Cascade 10'6" Double Slide NEW PLAN?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2018 CWI, Inc. © 2018 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS